Note: This article is for the new scheduler interface. If you are not yet using this version of the scheduler, please refer to the collection of articles here.
HotSchedules allows users to access two different types of views in the scheduler, SmartView and ClassicView. You can learn more about SmartView here.
Unlike SmartView, which is organized to show you individual days and their time intervals. ClassicView organizes the schedule to give you a view of the entire week. This view most closely resembles the old scheduler.
To access ClassicView follow these steps:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and go to the Scheduling tab. After specifying the particular week you would like to view select ClassicView button. This button can be found in the top right hand corner of the scheduler.
- The date being viewed will be shown in the top left hand corner of the schedule. There will also be a calendar button with two double chevrons on either side of it. This is where you can change the date. Clicking either double chevron will move the week forward or back. Selecting the calendar will let you specify a date you would like to view.
- Double-clicking a cell will allow you to insert a shift for that day and employee.
- Once a shift has been saved, it can be dragged from one cell to another. Cells open for this shift will be highlighted in yellow.
- Selecting the drop down arrow to the far right of a schedule name will collapse the schedule in ClassicView.
- ClassicView also gives you the ability to organize the shifts so that they are in order by start time. You can do this by clicking the header for each column. Selecting it once will sort the shifts by the earliest start time and choosing it again will sort the shifts by latest start time.
The Scheduler - Download QuickGuide