|Validation Warning when Submitting Funds Outside of the Date Sequence
|A new validation warning will appear to warn users if they are attempting to submit a fund outside of the date sequence
Release date: November 30th 2023
- Enabled by Default? - Yes
- Set up by customer Admin? - No
- Enable via Support ticket? - No
- Affect configuration or data? - No
When a user attempts to submit a Tronc2 fund to payroll outside of the date sequence, a new validation pop-up will be displayed, where they can confirm if they wish to proceed.
Reason for the Change
To help users ensure that funds are not submitted to payroll outside of the date sequence. Tronc2 periods can be submitted to payroll in any order which can cause confusion and even issues with tronc amounts due to be paid if periods are subsequently reopened and reclosed.
All Tronc2 customers.
Tronc2 periods can be submitted to payroll in any order which can cause confusion and even issues with tronc amounts due to be paid if periods are subsequently re-opened and then re-closed.
- To submit a fund in Tronc2, go to Payments > Employee Payments
- Select the Location, Fund, and Tronc Period
- Then Submit to Payroll
Fig.1 - Submit Tronc2 to payroll
If the previous tronc period has not been submitted to payroll, the new validation pop-up will appear (Fig.2).
- If the previous period should be submitted to payroll, select Cancel and the period will not be submitted, and amendments can be made to the allocation
- If the previous period does not need to be submitted, select OK and a further validation pop-up (Fig.3) will appear to confirm the submission
Fig.2 - Warning/confirmation pop-up
- Select OK and the period will be submitted to payroll
Fig.3 - Warning/confirmation pop-up