|New Validation Warning when Submitting Funds with Zero Allocation
|A new validation warning will appear to warn users if they are attempting to submit a fund to payroll without anything being allocated to employees
Release date: November 16th 2023
- Enabled by Default? - Yes
- Set up by customer Admin? - No
- Enable via Support ticket? - No
- Affect configuration or data? - No
When a user attempts to submit a Tronc2 fund to payroll with £0.00 allocated to employees, a new validation pop-up will appear where they can confirm if they wish to proceed.
Reason for the Change
To help users ensure that funds are not submitted to payroll without anything being paid to employees.
All Tronc2 customers.
It is possible to submit a fund within Tronc2 with £0.00 allocated to employees, and occasionally, this will be correct.
However, the validation pop-up in the submission process will alert users when nothing has been allocated, to make them aware so they can double check the submission is correct.
- To submit a fund in Tronc2, go to Payments > Employee Payments
- Select the Location
- Select the Fund
- Select the Tronc Period
- Select Submit to Payroll
If the Total Allocated (fig 1) is £0.00 upon submission to payroll, a new pop-up box will appear to warn the user that nothing is being paid to employees.
Fig.1 - Tronc2 employee payments - £0.00 allocated
- If the Allocated amount is correct, select OK and the period will be submitted to payroll
- If the Allocated amount is not correct, select Cancel and the period will not be submitted, and amendments can be made to the allocation
Fig.2 - Warning/confirmation pop-up box