A Broadcast Message is a way for a manager to communicate with an entire staff that is using HotSchedules. It appears as a posted message on the Home tab, making it nearly impossible to miss when checking one's schedule. Topics can be anything from where to park to ways a staff can improve its secret shopper scores to major announcements.
Follow these steps to create a new broadcast message:
- Select the Messaging tab in HotSchedules.
- Select the Broadcast Messages sublink.
- On this page, you will be able to view a history of previous broadcast messages, view those that are currently active, and create new ones.
- Select the Create Broadcast Message button to make a brand new one.
- A window will pop up where you can fill out your message.
- Enter the Title of the message,
- Select Info or Alert (Choosing Alert will display the text in red font).
- Compose your message in the Message Body.
- Fill out the end date & time for the message. It will appear on the Home tab for all staff members until this specified time.
- Finally, select Post Message.
Broadcast Messages - Download QuickGuide