A Broadcast Message is a way for managers to communicate with their entire staff on HotSchedules! The messages appear on the Home tab, so employees will see it on the same page as their personal schedule. Broadcast messages are another way blast out store-wide annoucements.
Follow these steps to use broadcast messages:
- Hover over the Messaging tab in HotSchedules and select the Broadcast Messages subtab.
- On this page, you will be able to view a history of previous broadcast messages in the Message Archive box.
- Use an archived message as a template for a new posting! Select the double page icon beside the message, and you will be able to make any adjustment to the text before posting it.
- Broadcast Messages Currently Posted will display any messages that are currently active.
- You can Edit or Unpost each active broadcast message.
- Select the Create Broadcast Message button to post a brand new message for your store.
- A window will pop up where you can fill out your message.
- Enter the Title of the message,
- Select Info or Alert (Choosing Alert will display the text in red font).
- Compose your message in the Message Body.
- Fill out the end date & time for the message. It will appear on the Home tab for all staff members until this specified time.
- Finally, select Post Message.