The Scheduler places the tools needed to create schedules efficiently right at your fingertips; this is the place where the magic happens. This article will give you a quick overview of the functions available to you. Let's take a look.
In the Scheduler, you can create and post each week’s schedules.
A. Navigate from week to week using the arrows, or by selecting specific dates.
B. Switch between ClassicView and SmartView with these toggles. SmartView is more spread out than ClassicView but allows for more hands-on interactivity while editing shifts.
C. You are able to scroll down to view all the schedules you are allowed to edit. Hovering over the Information icon will show live updates on the schedule’s status.
Please Note: A schedule may be locked for various reasons, and this is a good place to check to see why.
D. Easily switch between schedules, or filter what schedules are shown. You can also select to display Jobs, Locations, Day Parts and Minor Age Rules.
E. Clicking an individual’s name shows more information about them. Clicking a red circle next to a name will show any warnings relating to the individual.
F. The main schedule area shows all the shifts that have been assigned, plus availability and request information. Drag and drop shifts from one cell to another in either ClassicView or SmartView. Left-clicking a cell allows you to edit the cell using keyboard shortcuts. Double-clicking brings up additional information about the cell or allows you to easily add or edit a shift.
G. The House Shift Manager shows all House Shifts or unassigned shifts. House Shifts are determined, more often than not, through forecasting your week’s staffing needs. You are easily able to assign House Shifts by selecting the House Shift and using the Smart Select tool.
H. In-Scheduler Reports allow you to analyze crucial data before posting.
I. When you are ready to post the schedule, click the Post button, and you will be lead through a series of checks and balances to ensure all is good. The number of schedules able to be posted appears within a blue circle in the Post button.
Please Note: Schedules are automatically saved within the Scheduler. No need to worry about lost work!
J.The Menu drop-down menu includes Auto Scheduling, copying and deleting schedules, as well as access to your personal Scheduler settings and Shortcut Key. These settings will only affect your scheduling experience.
- S – Smart Select Tool. Can be used for House Shifts and to reassign shifts.
- I – Insert. Used to override availability, for example. "I" inserts a house shift directly to a cell.
(Click the house shift, click the cell, and type "I".)
- H – Make the shift a House Shift. Send a shift back to the House Manager.
- Delete Key – Delete a shift. Empty a cell.
- Ctrl-Click – Select multiple cells for deleting or housing.
- T – Trade shifts. Swap contents of cells. (Hold ctrl key, press a cell, continue holding the ctrl key, select another cell, let go of all keys and type "T".)
- C – Copy a cell’s contents to the clipboard.
- X – Cut a cell’s contents to the clipboard.
- V – Paste the clipboard’s contents into a cell.
- Z – Undo an action (up to 20)
- Y – Redo an action (up to 20)
- ? – Shows a color key and keyboard shortcuts printable guide
Additional Helpful Links
(These will prompt you to log into HotSchedules, and then guide you through the process click by click.)