To prevent employees from creating last-minute requests for unavailability or swapping/dropping shifts (in the My Schedule app), it is possible to set cut off times that require such requests to be made within a certain number of days/hours before the actual shift(s) start. Customer admins can apply an organisation setting and specify the timeframes - see the below instructions.
- From the Scheduling home page, go to Settings and select Organisations from the left side menu
- Select Edit against the required Organisation
- Tick the box against Cut off times for My schedule requests
- Then enter figures for either or a combination of:
- Number of hours cut off before shift starts for swap/drop/give requests - this value is in Hours and will require a value between 1 – 100. The cut off time applies to the number of hours before the start of the shift in question
- Number of days cut off before unavailability can be created – this value is in Days and will require a value between 1 – 100 days. The cut off time applies to the number of days before the day of the shift in question (the 'day' starts at 00:01)
- Scroll down and Save
Fig.1 - Organisation setting
Then, if an employee attempts to create a request in My Schedule after the cut off time, a message will display. See Fig.2.
Fig.2 - My Schedule Cut off time passed message