What is Direct to Interview?
- You create qualification questions for the applicant to answer as a part of the job application. Qualification Questions are completely customizable, and you can have different questions for different jobs. When your applicant completes a job application, if they answer all qualification questions correctly, they’ll be able to schedule an interview based on managers’ availability.
- Direct to Interview helps get the right candidates into interviews seamlessly, reducing applicant drop off during this tight labor market.
- There is no added cost of this feature - you choose if and when to use it.
How do I enable this feature?
1) Add the question to your Application by selecting 'Add New' and select 'Qualification Question'
2) Use the Qualified Answer as your 'True' Answer, use the Disqualifying Answer as your 'False' answer (this will disqualify the Applicant from an Interview) Please note: You can use multiple Qualifying questions but we recommend no more than 3-5 per Job / Location.
How does a Manager or Administrator schedule an Interview?
In your PeopleMatter Account, navigate to the Interviews Tab - here you can see your calendar view of open Interview slots. Each manager will set up their own Interview calendar - Primary, Financial and Business Administrators can see ALL calendars.
From the Applicants list:
- On the Applicant List and the Applicant Record there will be an option to “Invite to Interview”.
- The manager will be able to invite the applicant to interview if they didn’t automatically qualify for an interview.
- This option will send a text and/or email (depending on if the applicant opted in to text) letting them know they are invited to interview. It will include a link to the same Interview Scheduling page they would have received had they initially been qualified.
What does a Candidate see when they Apply?
The Candidate will see the section you've created in the Application and select the Qualified and Disqualifying Answer - they will select their response and submit the Application.
If the applicant answers all application questions correctly, when they complete the application, they will be immediately invited to schedule an interview.
How will a Candidate Schedule an Interview if they qualify?
Upon submitting their application, they are immediately presented a page inviting them to schedule an interview. It allows them to select the date and time of the interview. If they qualified for multiple interviews, they will select the interview day and time for each position/location individually.