What is Direct to Interview?
- You create qualification questions for the applicant to answer as a part of the job application. Qualification Questions are completely customizable, and you can have different questions for different jobs. When your applicant completes a job application, if they answer all qualification questions correctly, they’ll be able to schedule an interview immediately upon completing an application based on managers’ availability.
- Direct to Interview helps get the right candidates into interviews seamlessly, reducing applicant drop-off during this tight labor market.
- There is no added cost of this feature - you choose if and when to use it.
How do I enable this feature?
Fig.1 - Enabling Direct to Interview
- Add the question to your Application by selecting Add New and select Qualification Question
- Use the Qualified Answer as your 'True' Answer, use the Disqualifying Answer as your 'False' answer (this will disqualify the Applicant from an Interview)
Please note: You can use multiple Qualifying questions but we recommend no more than 3-5 per Job/Location.
Fig.2 - Add Qualification Question
Fig.3 - Setting Qualifying and Disqualifying answer
Create your Interview Availability
- Click in any of the Calendar squares to begin setting up your Interview Availability
- Decide what Locations, Dates/Times, and Roles you want to set availability for
Please note: You can set this as Ongoing or for a specific range to suit your Recruiting needs
Fig.4 - Create Interview Availability
Schedule an Interview
In your PeopleMatter Account, navigate to the Interviews Tab - here you can see your calendar view of open Interview slots. Each manager will set up their own Interview calendar - Primary, Financial and Business Administrators can see ALL calendars.
Fig.5 - Open interview slots
From the Applicants list:
- On the Applicant List and the Applicant Record, there will be an option to Invite to Interview
- The manager will be able to invite the applicant to interview if they don’t automatically qualify for an interview
- This option will send a text and/or email (depending on if the applicant opted in to text) letting them know they are invited to interview. It will include a link to the same Interview Scheduling page they would have received had they initially been qualified
Fig.6 - Invite to Interview
What does a Candidate see when they Apply?
The Candidate will see the section you've created in the Application and select the Qualified and Disqualifying Answer - they will select their response and submit the Application.
If the applicant answers all application questions correctly, when they complete the application, they will be immediately invited to schedule an interview.
How will a Candidate Schedule an Interview if they qualify?
Upon submitting their application, they are immediately presented with a page inviting them to schedule an interview. It allows them to select the date and time of the interview. If they qualify for multiple interviews, they will select the interview day and time for each position/location individually.
Fig.7 - Candidate qualified for Interview page
Frequently Asked Questions
Review the document below for FAQs