LS Screening Background Checks in PeopleMatter Agreement
The purpose of this agreement is to allow the Customer to use the services provided by LS Screening, “LSS,” as a risk management tool in screening candidates for employment within the PeopleMatter system. LSS will arrange for and provide to Customer services and information (“Consumer Reports”). It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to secure and to furnish LSS through the PeopleMatter Platform proper and correct information for each applicant sufficient for LSS to perform the services contracted. Customer certifies to LSS that it will comply with all applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 USC 1681) and that information received from LSS will not be used in violation of any equal employment opportunity law or regulation. Customer hereby releases LSS, its successors, its affiliated companies and the officers, agents, employees and independent contractors of LSS, its successors and its affiliated companies from liability for Customer’s noncompliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Background Check Descriptions
Address History/SSN Trace
- A list of all addresses where the applicant has used his/her Social Security Number; uses the standard Social Security Administration algorithm for establishing the state of issue and estimating the year of issue.
- Includes the Country Criminal and Sex Offender searches.
- A search of the county provided for all felony and misdemeanor convictions available through the counties public access portal. Open and pending cases are reported, as well as any deferred adjudication offenses not completed.
- A search of the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website at www.nsopw.gov.
Past Employment Verification
- The verification of previous employment claimed by the applicant; includes the dates of employment, last position held, eligibility for rehire and, when available, reason for separation and wages; also includes questions regarding the applicant’s history of violence and/or harassment and any attendance/tardiness issues to establish reasonable due diligence by the client.
- The verification of the attendance or degree awarded the applicant by an accredited educational institution; includes GEDs but does not include trade or technical schools.