OverviewThis feature enables users to upload files to Recipe and Menu, sharing them with other users in one central location. It can also be used for compiling packages of documents and native Recipe and Menu reports into a single PDF file. This is achieved in two areas of the system: Documents, used to upload the files and make them available, and Packages, used to compile the files made available under Documents. Reports can also be included in the compilation.
Documents tabThis is where files can be uploaded and stored in the Recipe and Menu repository.
Creating a new documentThere are two options for creating a new document:
• Go to Documents > Create a new document.
• Or when a document is selected, use the New button in the toolbar.
• When creating the document there are several fields to complete.
|Document title||The name of the file to be uploaded.|
|Document category||Select what type of document it is from the dropdown menu. This will be helpful for the search filter and so that other users understand the type of information to expect.|
|Security level||This selection helps determine which user groups will have this document listed. Again, select from the dropdown menu.|
|Notes||A brief description so that other users viewing the document will understand what to expect.|
The Upload document or Overwrite document buttons are used to upload the relevant file to the Recipe and Menu document repository.
Note: The maximum size file accepted is 15mb and only the following file extensions can be used - .pdf, .doc, .xls, .xlsx.
• Once all the fields are complete and the file is uploaded, use the Save button.
Edit an existing document• To amend or upload the latest file, first use the search box to locate it.
Fig 1 – Using the Search functionality with filters
• File(s) can be opened from search results and edited where required.
• Edit > make desired changes > Save
After uploading all files to the Recipe and Menu document repository, it’s possible to combine them into a single PDF file, or ‘package’.
There are two options for creating a new package:
• Go to Packages > Create a new package.
• Or when a package is selected, use the New button in the toolbar:.
• Complete the 3 forms on the subtabs.
Details subtab• Complete the necessary fields:
|Package name||Enter a name for the package.|
|Permission level||Select the permission level to determine which user groups will be able to see this package.|
|Paging||For the sections to continue one after another, select Continuous. For each section to start on a new page, select Section.|
|Include table of contents||Check this box to generate a table of contents for the file. This will effectively be the info displayed in the Package Items subtab.|
|Save Output to Documents?||Check this box if for the generated file to also be made available under the Documents tab.|
|Description||Enter a brief description of what a user can expect from this package.|
Package items subtabThis area is used to create sections, offer headings for the compiled files, and select what objects to compile together.
• Go to Add a new section.
• In the new section row enter the header text to display for this section.
• Add document: in the combo box provided select the files made available on the documents tab.
• Add report: in the combo box provided select the reports available. Use the edit filter link to apply the required report filters when the package is compiled.
• Continue previous steps until all required documents and reports are added to the package.
• Sections can be moved by using the up arrow.
Fig 2 – Up arrow to change order of sections
• Manage some of the page layout options - table of contents font, intended paper size, margins, header and footer.
Fig 3 – Settings subtab
• When ready, use the Create Package button.
• A popup message will appear to confirm the request has been received. It may require a few minutes to generate the file.
• Once the file has been generated, go to the History subtab to download the file. Individual documents can be downloaded as well if the package has the option ‘save output to documents’ selected
Manage security/ permission levels• This is controlled on the user group level. Admin > User groups > Permissions > Report Permissions.
• Select what level the user group requires and which feature they are to have available to the group.
Fig 4 – Report permissions settings