Accessing and Logging in to Recipe and Menu Engineering
Users must have a username and password to be able to access Recipe and Menu Engineering. Organisations will have their own system administrators who can facilitate this.
- To log in to the system, use the following web-address: http://www.starchef.net
- Enter a User Name and Password, and Log in
- The Forgotten your password? functionality requires the user to remember their User Name. The Fourth Service Team can be contacted if further assistance is required here
Fig.1 - Login Screen & Forgotten Password Link
The Home Page
The home page is then displayed. Here, summary Ingredient, Recipe and Menu information is shown on the left-side of the screen.
There are 6 menu tabs that can be selected. These are:
- home - Returns to the home page
- ingredients - Contains search functionality (with filters and advanced search options) for finding and working with specific ingredients in the system. Also includes a button to create a new ingredient
- recipes - Looks and behaves the same as 'ingredients', but for recipes instead
- menus - As above, but for menus
- reports - All available reports can be selected and run
- admin - User profile information can be viewed and edited from here, as well as a wide range of configuration options - covered in more detail in RME - Admin Functions
Fig.2 - Home Page With Tabs Highlighted
Recipe and Menu Engineering is a web-based application so it will perform differently to a desktop application.
Please Note: It is essential that changes are saved before navigating away from tabs/pages as the system does not prompt to do so. Users will be automatically logged out if their session is inactive for longer than 20 minutes, meaning that any unsaved changes will be lost.
For a list of all Recipe and Menu Engineering articles, please visit RME - Article Contents Page.
If you are having a technical issue and need assistance, please contact us through the blue "Help" button in the corner or refer to our Support Contact Information article.