The ingredients, recipes, and menu tabs all contain a search pane in the top-left corner of the screen. It is possible to search by category and item, as well as using advanced search criteria to help quickly find the required items.
Fig.1 - Search pane in the recipes tab
The simplest way to search for an item is to enter text into the Search field.
- In either ingredients, recipes, or menus tab, type a search term into the Search field and hit enter/select the right arrow button
All results returned will contain the text entered, listed in alphabetical order. In the example shown in Fig.2 below, the ingredient 'ham' has been searched for. So the results include "Bechamel", "Champagne", and of course "ham" itself.
Fig.2 - Example ingredient search for 'ham'
- Continuing with this example, to narrow down the search results so that actual ham-based items are returned, the Filter on and Show drop-downs can be used - see Fig.3
Fig.3 - Using the 'Filter on' and 'Show' drop-downs
Depending on permissions, users may have access to filter their searches by Group as well. As per Fig.4, if the [select] button is visible then the user is able to do this.
Fig.4 - the [select] button for group filtering
- To tailor a search for items available to a certain Group, use the [select] button
The Group Filtering pop-up window will appear.
- Select the relevant Group from the tree
Choose one of the two options displayed at the bottom of the window
- Include ALL items that are available to the selected group - allows searching and filtering on all items (ingredients, recipes and menus) linked directly to, or inherited by, that group.
- Include only items linked directly to the selected group - displays items that are linked directly to that group, for example only recipes that are included in a recipe set that is linked directly to the selected group
- Select Save
Fig.5 - Group filtering options
Search results can be narrowed down further by using the advanced search tool.
- Enter search terms as normal but then select Apply advanced search criteria
A pop-up window will open. From here, a wide range of filtering and configuration is possible.
Fig.6 - Selecting advanced search
- Using the General, Nutrition, Intolerance Data, Categories, Flags, and Date range: tabs, filter selections can be made from the available drop-downs
- After making a selection, use the Add Filter button to include it in the search
- Once all required filters are added, select OK to run the search
Fig.7 - Adding filters to an advanced search
Search results will then be displayed as normal.