Cleaning Advice for Biometric Devices
Please see the below guidance on how to safely clean Biometric Devices, so as to maximise safety in the workplace.
Product Disinfecting Recommendations
- Use rubbing alcohol (containing 70% isopropyl alcohol) and a clean, non-abrasive cloth - such as a lens wipe or microfibre cloth
- Moisten the cloth or wipe with a suitable amount of rubbing alcohol and gently clean the surface of the fingerprint sensor
- Be sure to read the instructions and handling precautions on the bottle of rubbing alcohol before use
- Be careful not to get rubbing alcohol into the product when cleaning its surface
- Rubbing alcohol should only be applied to exposed surfaces
- If unsure, contact Fourth for details on approved cleaning products
- Do not use a cleaner with abrasive properties on painted or plastic surfaces
For touchless clocking in and out options, Fourth’s partner, Synel, also offer facial recognition devices and a mobile app.
- The facial recognition devices can be operated completely without contact if using the contactless 'in' and 'out' buttons available
- The time and attendance mobile app can be accessed via the employee’s mobile device, meaning there is no physical contact with general use devices