There may be occasions on which the network configuration of a T&A device needs to be accessed. Most newer devices are configured on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) as standard, which bypasses the need for a fixed IP. If these settings need to be reviewed or changed, please follow the guidance below.
The guidance is split by device type.
Synergy/A Biometric Fingerprint Reader
Synergy/A devices have to be programmed according to how they will connect. The standard configuration of Synergy/A devices is DHCP, which removes the need for a static IP address, as such our default programming for all devices, unless otherwise requested, is for DHCP.
If you need to change the way a device connects from DHCP to Static IP, or vice-versa, the device will need to be returned to the workshop for re-programming. This can be done by post or we can arrange a replacement device be swapped out but that will incur a call out fee. Please raise a Support Ticket to start this process.
Updating Static IP configuration on Synergy/A
If you need to update the Static IP configuration of your device please follow these steps.
- Select Menu
- Type in the admin Menu Code (this will have been shared at installation, please speak to your system administrator if you do not know it)
- Select Option 2 - Communications and press Enter
- Select Option 1 - Ethernet
- Select Option 1 - Manually
- Type in the IP Address using the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (dotted decimal - e.g. 192.168.0.111) and press Enter
- Type the subnet NetMask Address using the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (dotted decimal - e.g. 255.255.255.000) and press Enter
- Type the Gateway Address using the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (dotted decimal - e.g. 192.168.000.001) and press Enter
- After completing all the network settings, press the ESC key until completely out from the Menu
SY910 Facial Device
Enabling DHCP on SY910 Devices
- Select Menu
- Choose Option 5 - System Settings
- Select Option 2 - Communication
- Select Option 1 - Network
Option 2 - DHCP will either show DHCP: On or DHCP: Off.
- Select Option 2 to toggle between On and Off
Enabling Static IP on SY910 Devices
- First, follow the guidance above until the option to toggle DHCP to DHCP: Off
- Select Option 3 - Set Ethernet IP Address
- Type in the:
- IP Address using the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (dotted decimal - e.g. 192.168.0.111)
- Mask address using the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (dotted decimal - e.g. 255.255.255.000)
- Gateway address using the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (dotted decimal - e.g. 192.168.000.001)
- Press Enter
SY785 Biometric Fingerprint Reader
There is currently no way to configure SY785 devices for DHCP and they can only be reconfigured by an engineer.