In the UK, when the clocks change between GMT and BST in March and October, the times on Synel T&A devices change automatically. This can result in employee clock-out times needing to be manually adjusted in Fourth's Rotas and Scheduling modules when confirming hours and completing the day. This article provides guidance on this.
Dates and Times of Clock Changes - UK
In March the clocks go forward one hour at 1am on the last Sunday of the month. Any employees who clock out after this time will need an hour deducted from their clock-out time.
In October the clocks go back one hour at 2am on the last Sunday of the month. Any employees who clock out after this will need an hour added to their clock-out time.
Manually Amending Times in the Rotas Module
- In the Rotas module, go to Rotas > View Rotas
- Search for and select the required Rota
- Against 'Employee Shifts' select the required day
Fig.1 - Selecting a day on the rota
- Select the time and attendance data (the clock icon) for the relevant employee
- Use the ‘Override actual times’ and update the Actual Time section to add or deduct the hour
- Save&Close and then repeat as required for other employees
Fig.2 - Updating actual clock-in/clock-out times in the Rotas module
Manually Amending Times in Scheduling
If using the Scheduling module, follow these steps:
- From the Scheduling homepage, go to the Schedule tab
- Select the T&A clock icon for the relevant day
Fig.3 - Selecting a T&A clock icon in Scheduling
For any employees affected in the Actions column, you can either keep the scheduled time or manually override to enter the correct times.
Fig.4 - Updating actual clock-in/clock-out times in Scheduling
Please note - If an EPOS provider is used for time and attendance, the above process within the Rota and Scheduling modules will be the same if the time on the EPOS device changes automatically. Please check with the EPOS provider to confirm how/if the time will change automatically.
Please sign in to leave a comment.