Cleaning Advice for Biometric Devices
Please see the below guidance on how to safely clean Biometric Devices, so as to maximise safety in the workplace.
Product Disinfecting Recommendations
- Use rubbing alcohol (containing 70% isopropyl alcohol) and a clean, non-abrasive cloth - such as a lens wipe or microfibre cloth
- Moisten the cloth or wipe with a suitable amount of rubbing alcohol and gently clean the surface of the fingerprint sensor
- Be sure to read the instructions and handling precautions on the bottle of rubbing alcohol before use
- Be careful not to get rubbing alcohol into the product when cleaning its surface
- Rubbing alcohol should only be applied to exposed surfaces
- If unsure, contact Fourth for details on approved cleaning products
- Do not use a cleaner with abrasive properties on painted or plastic surfaces
For touchless clocking in and out options, Fourth’s partner, Synel, also offer facial recognition devices and a mobile app.
- The facial recognition devices can be operated completely without contact if using the contactless 'in' and 'out' buttons available
- The time and attendance mobile app can be accessed via the employee’s mobile device, meaning there is no physical contact with general use devices
For further information on these devices please see WFM - Touchless Time and Attendance Solutions
For additional Covid19-related information, please go to Fourth Products and Covid-19.
Please sign in to leave a comment.