An Inventory Adjustment can be completed at any time as required.
Please Note: It may not be necessary to make an adjustment prior to, or during month end. For example, if the system shows an on-hand count of 5, and in reality there is 0 on hand and 0 is entered during Inventory, the system will automatically make the adjustments to 0 when the Period is closed. As such, by making an adjustment prior to, or during month end, this is redundant work for the user.
This article describes the process of posting an Inventory Adjustment in Purchasing & Inventory (formerly known as Adaco). Some criteria needs to be fulfilled prior to being able to post an Inventory Adjustment:
- The Product must be Active. This can be set by going to Property > Products > Product Details
- The Product needs to be on the Inventory Guide for the Outlet which is making the adjustment. This can be completed by going to Inventory > Maintain Guides > Inventory Guide Details
Entering the Inventory Adjustment
- Go to Inventory > Inventory Adjustment
In the Adjustment Header section, populate the fields shown in Fig.1
- Posting Period - This defaults to the current Period and is typically locked unless in month end
- Effective Date - Date entered to post transaction
- Outlet Name - Enter the Outlet which is making the adjustment
Fig.1 - Adjustment Header
- Select Add Product to search for and add Products to the posting grid
- In the Adjustment Details section, enter the quantity to be adjustment in the Adj Quantity field, as per Fig.2
Please Note: The Adjustment Quantity is the amount needed to adjust in order to get to the amount desired, it is not the end amount. For example, if the on-hand is 18, and the actual on-hand is 16, the entered Adj Quantity is -2.000, and so when posted, the system will make a -2 adjustment.
- Enter a comment in the Comments field. This is the reason for the adjustment being made
- When all fields are correct, select Post Adjustment to process the transaction
Fig.2 - Entering the Adjustmen