See below for a list of some frequently asked questions about Fourth's eClock app.
To see more eClock and Scheduling articles, please use this link.
What are the minimum system requirements for eClock?
- The eClock app is downloadable from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- eClock is supported on the current +2 previous versions of IOS and Android
- Minimum device screen size (viewport) = 1024 x 768 - https://whatismyviewport.com - the app cannot be used on smartphones due to their small screen size
- Multiple devices can be linked to single locations (post-BETA)
Are there any makes of tablet that eClock is not compatible with?
- As long as the eClock app appears in the Apple or Google app stores on the desired device, the device is using the latest 2 versions of its operating system, and is the correct size (see previous question) then it will be compatible with eClock
How long are employee selfies stored for?
- Pictures captured via the app are deleted after 2 years of storage
How is the data in eClock used/stored in relation to GDPR?
- The image is stored in a secure Azure Blob Storage container
- When an employee takes a selfie, the device simply catches a picture. There is no AI or facial pairing - the images are simply displayed within T&A screen in Scheduling
- If an employee requests that they be 'forgotten', please raise a ticket with Fourth's support team (all selfie captures can be deleted on request)
For how long are clock events stored on the device if the device is offline?
- This depends on the device's storage capacity. When the device regains an active WIFI connection, clock events are sent to Fourth and removed from the device
Can you automate the PIN creation for employees?
- No – employees will need to create their own PIN
Can you upload files into the bulletin?
- No – the bulletin board can display text only
Can customers have a mixture of physical clocks (Synel) and eClocks?
- Yes, a mixture of eClocks and Synel T&A devices can be configured and used within a portal
- Please note that Fourth's eClock and Synel clocks are not in sync. So, whilst they can be used together at a Location, in a single day, employees must clock in and out on the same device
Can eClock be used with the Rota module?
- No – eClock is designed to work with the Scheduling module
- More information on Fourth's Scheduling module options can be found here - WFM UK: Scheduling Options Explained
- If you would like more information please speak to your Fourth contact
Please sign in to leave a comment.