Two-Way Texting is a feature that allows managers to message both applicants and current employees from directly within the PeopleMatter platform. The applicant or employee will receive the message via their standard text (SMS) messaging app on their mobile device and can respond as normal.
Two-Way Texting can only be used in the online platform beta view of PeopleMatter, not in the mobile app.
SMS messages will only be sent to applicants who have opted in to receive SMS updates.
Using Two-Way Texting
- Log into PeopleMatter, use the Workspaces drop-down and select the relevant Administrator option
- Select Two way SMS from the navigation panel on the left (see Fig.1)
- Alternatively, use an SMS icon against the required applicant on the Applicant Tracking list on the Recruiting page (see Fig.2)
The messaging screen will then display. The panel on the left shows current message threads and the panel on the right displays the full conversation.
Fig.1 - Two way SMS messaging screen
Fig.2 - SMS icons on the Recruiting page
- To create a new message, select New message followed by Add Person
Fig.3 - Creating a new message
This will return a list of applicants and current employees with whom a message thread can be started.
- Select an applicant or employee and type a message in the right-side panel
- When the message is ready, select Send
The applicant or employee will receive the message via the SMS service on their mobile device and can respond as normal.
New unread messages are indicated by a green dot, as shown in Fig.4.
Fig.4 - An unread message
It is not possible to create a group message. However, multiple managers are able message the same applicant. This will simply start a new message thread for each of them.
Each manager will only see their own messages within the messaging screen.