Within the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), there are certain vacancies that require approval from a user on the Head Office / Administrator permission level before they are published on a specific job board. This will depend on your company setup. Not all job boards require a vacancy approval process and therefore publish new and re-opened vacancies automatically after vacancies are created.
Please note: Only users on the Head Office / Administrator permission level in the ATS can approve vacancies.
A request for job board publication can be initiated at any time. However, most of the time the request forms part of the vacancy creation process. For more information on how to create a vacancy please see WFM UK - ATS - Creating and Editing a Vacancy.
- Select ATS > Vacancies
- Select the vacancy you want to get approved
- Select the clog icon (see Fig.1)
Fig.1 – Clog Icon
- Select the job board icon (see Fig.2)
Fig.2 – Job Board Icon
Selecting a job board opens up a wider job board section.
- Specify any additional job board settings within the New advertisement on Caterer tab
- Select Post on Caterer (the title of the tab, settings, and button changes depending on the job board selected) (see Fig.3)
Fig.3 – Post a vacancy on a Job Board
- Select Ok within the pop-up box to confirm your job board posting which will trigger the vacancy approval request
Fig.4 – Confirm Job Board Posting
Please note: The vacancy has not been published on the selected job board at this point. However, users on the Head Office / Administrator permission level have now received the approval request for that particular vacancy.
There are now mobile push notifications associated with new vacancy approval requests. It is recommended to check the Job Board Ads section on a regular basis.
Cancel an Approval Request
An approval request can be cancelled as long as it has not been actioned (approved or declined) by a user on the Head Office or Administrator permission level.
- Select ATS > Vacancies > select the relevant vacancy > edit (clog icon) > job board icon > Delete request for the Caterer Advertisement within the New advertisement on Caterer tab (the title of tab and button changes depending on the job board selected). See Fig.5
Fig.5 – Deleting an approval request
Action a Request
Users on the Head Office / Administrator permission level have access to the Job Board Ads section within the ATS drop-down menu. From there, vacancy requests can be actioned.
- Select ATS > Job Board Ads
Fig.6 – Job Board Ads
From within this section, vacancies can now be approved, declined, pre-viewed, viewed (on the job board), or deleted by selecting the relevant icons in the Preview and Actions column. The Progress of advertisement column displays the number of days left until the vacancy will be removed from the job board.
Fig.7 – Job Board Ads Actions
Selecting the Show button within the Preview column opens up the job advert and additional vacancy details for the approver to review.
Fig.8 – Job Board Ads Show
Once a vacancy has been actioned to the Job Advert Ads section, it will update accordingly. Approved vacancies can also be deleted manually or will be removed automatically once a vacancy closes.
Fig.9 – Deleting a vacancy from a Job Board
Job Board History and Guidelines
Once a vacancy has been approved or declined the history tab within the job board icon section will update accordingly. Guidelines are available within the Job posting guidelines tab.
- Select ATS > Vacancies > select the relevant vacancy > edit (clog icon) > job board icon > History tab
Fig.10 – Approval History