The Applicant Tracking System (ATS) app is accessed via Fourth Engage. The ATS utilises SSO (Single-Sign-On) for login, which ensures ease of access for all users. For login issues with SSO please see Engage - Mobile - Username and Password Reset.
This article describes the process of enabling the relevant permission within the HR module via the Access Level Hierarchy for administrators, and via the 'users' page for individual users.
Administrators - Updating the Access Level Template
The Access to ATS App permission within HR allows individuals to gain access to the Applicant Tracking System module. This permission can be assigned to multiple employees at the same time by updating the Access Level Template within the Access Level Hierarchy. To do so follow the steps below.
- Go to the HR Module
- Select Company Admin > Access Level Hierarchy from the burger menu
Fig.1 – Access Level Hierarchy
- Select Company Hierarchy > and the required Access Level (i.e. General Manager as shown in Fig.2)
Fig.2 – Access Levels
- In the HR Module section, select Edit
Fig.3 – Edit in HR module
- Select Other from the left-hand menu
- Tick the Access to ATS app box
- To apply this setting to the Access Level Template, select Save
Fig.4 – Access to ATS App setting
Please note: An Access Template can be assigned to multiple levels in the Hierarchy, so please check this prior to updating the permission.
All users with access to the Permission Level have now access to the ATS from within the Fourth Engage app. If access cannot be assigned via Access Templates, then the below steps can be followed to assign access to individual users instead.
Please note: Assigning access via permission templates is recommended over assigning individual access. Permission templates are easier to keep up to date and change than individual users.
The ‘Access to ATS App’ permission within HR can be assigned to individual users following the steps below.
- Go to the HR Module
- Select User > Assign User Access from the burger menu
Fig.5 – Assign User Access
- Select the required Employee > User Profile
Fig.6 – User Profile
- Scroll down to the Other section
- Tick the Access to ATS App box
- Select Next to apply this setting to the individual user
Fig.7 – Access to ATS App setting for an individual user
- Select Next to confirm Location access
- Select Next to confirm division access on the following pages to apply the setting
Please note: Assigning ATS access via HR will grant the user access to their home location and to the lowest ATS permission level only. The ATS access will not reflect HR specific location access. Access to additional locations and a higher permission level in the ATS will need to be amended manually.
For more details go to WFM UK - ATS - Changing User Access.