Having chosen to create a new order, the Pending Order Entry Page is displayed, from which a supplier can be selected and items can be added.
Adding Items to an Order
All products associated with the selected supplier are listed under a series of columns, as summarised below:
- Vintage. where applicable, the product vintage is displayed. This is typically used for wines.
- Name. Displays product name.
- Notes. Having added a quantity for a product, a note icon is displayed- click this item to add a note for the supplier regarding that product only. The note will be sent against the product on the Purchase Order.
- Bin #. Where applicable, the product Bin # is shown. This is used for stock counting - typically by hotels for stock counting wine.
- On Hand. Displays the theoretical quantity of this product that is available at this site.
- On Order. Displays any pending quantity of this product already on order.
- Supplier. The name of the selected supplier.
- Order. If a product is currently available from the selected supplier, this field can be edited - enter the required quantity for this order. If a product is not currently available from this supplier, the field is replaced with a 'no entry' symbol and cannot be updated.
- Order Size. Quantity that the supplier has specified that this product must be ordered in.
- PO Cost. The cost price per Order Size.
Fig. 1 - Columns on the Pending Order Entry Page
To add products to the order, simply update Order fields with required quantities.
Any changes to the current page must be saved before moving backwards or forwards in the list using the buttons at the bottom of the page.
Finishing the Order
Having selected all required items, choose one of the following options:
- Save. The order is saved but no further action is taken.
- Order Complete. Confirm that all items have been added and access the Order Management Page for further actions.
- Reset Current Page. Clear all updates that have been made on this page only.
- Reset Whole Order. Clear all updates that have been made on all pages in the order.
- Cancel. Exit from this page and access the Order Management Page (any unsaved changes will be lost).
If required, the way in which the product list is displayed can be adjusted, together with actions to be taken after the order is approved. To do this, click the Organise icon (above the PO Cost column).