The Ingredient Import Tool/Ingredient Price Update Tool allows users to import nutritional information for ingredients saving them time.
This article describes the process of updating Ingredient Nutritional Information using the Import Tool.
For a list of all Recipe and Menu Engineering articles, please visit RME - Article Contents Page.
Exporting the Ingredient Nutrition Update Template
The first step in the process is to export the Ingredient Nutrition Update Template.
- Go to the Recipe and Menus Engineering (RME) module
- Select the Reports tab
Fig.1 – Reports Tab
- Select Ingredient from the Reports group drop-down list
Fig.2 – Ingredient in Reports Drop-Down
- Select Ingredient Nutrition Update Template
Fig.3 – Ingredient Nutrition Update Template Option
- Enter the desired criteria and select Excel (xls) from the Download as drop-down list
Fig.4 – Ingredient Nutrition Update Template Fields
- Select Create Report
- When prompted, Save the template to a memorable location
Editing the Nutrition Update Template
- Open the saved file in MS Excel
- The import fields in the template are in columns E – T
- Columns E – P are for standard Nutrition
- Columns Q – T are optional values enabled for some customers
- If an ingredient in the export already has nutritional values, they will show in these columns
Fig.5 – Example Nutrition Update Template
- Fill in the relevant changes in the file
Pay close attention to the instructions in the template, particularly around which columns can be edited and acceptable formats.
Please Note: If the details of an existing value are changed in the template file, the system will overwrite the existing value with the new details in the template file when it is imported.
Importing Nutrition Updates
The final step in the process is to import the updated template.
- Go to the Admin tab
- Select Ingredient Import/Update in the Select drop-down menu on the left of the screen
Fig.6 – Ingredient Import/Update in Select Drop-Down Menu
- Select Import File
Fig.7 – Import File Option
- Select Choose File and locate the template file which was edited previously
Fig.8 – File Upload
- There is no requirement to edit Publishing for an update
- Select Next to move to the next step
- Review the summary and select Finish to start update process
The system will show the imported file on the main page.
The file will first have a status of ‘File Uploaded’ whilst the system attempts to process it.
- To monitor the progress, select the Refresh button
Once the system has processed the file, the status will change to ‘Processed – Nutrition Update’.
Fig.9 – Imported File/Refresh Option