This article explains how to reconcile electronic (EDI) invoices, against their respective delivery notes.
Reconciling Invoices Uploaded in FnB/R9 from EDI Suppliers
- Access the Stock Management tab and select the Pending tab
- Select a delivery and follow the process of receipting, using the ‘Action’ to accept, reject or change a quantity
- It is advisable to contact the supplier to advise of any rejected or missing goods so they can apply a revised invoice or credit
Fig.1 – Updating delivered quantities
- Approve the delivery into stock to update stock holding and cost
Fig.2 – Showing a supplier delivery and the approval button
The delivery will now show on the Approved tab. The supplier will update with an invoice.
If there are no discrepancies on the approved delivery and the invoice uploaded by the supplier matches the goods received, then the status will show as ‘Marked for Export’.
Fig.3 – showing a matched delivery ‘Marked for export’
If the invoice uploaded against a delivery has a discrepancy and does not match then the following process needs to be completed.
- Access the Documents tab and select Document Reconciliation
Fig.4 – Accessing the documents tab
- Use the drop-down menus to select:
- Document type – Invoice
- Date range
- Then select Search
Fig.5 – Selecting the documents to be viewed
The documents which are waiting to be reconciled will be listed, showing with a status of ‘Matched, Awaiting resolution’
- To select a document to reconcile, use the View Discrepancy link under Actions
Fig. 6 – Showing the 'Matched - Awaiting resolution' status
The refreshed screen will list all the products listed on the invoice. Those with a discrepancy (cost or quantity) show as ‘Unmatched lines’.
Fig.7 – Showing the unmatched lines on an Invoice
- To reconcile the invoice use the radio buttons to indicate which quantity or price is correct
- Once all lines have been completed, select the Approve Totals button at the top of the screen
Fig.8 – Showing the ‘Approve Totals’ option
FnB will prompt the creation of a credit note, which will need to be reconciled at a later date.
Fig.9 – Showing the prompt to create a credit request
FnB will refresh to show the Credit Request. This can be reconciled in the same way when the actual credit note arrives. The invoice will now show as ‘Matched, Awaiting credit’.
If the radio button indicating the Invoice price is correct is used, the system will update the weighted average cost of this product. The GRN will not update with prices but this price change will be applied for stock valuation purposes.
Fig.10 – Showing an invoice which is matched and awaiting credit
Invoices which show as ‘Awaiting resolution’ under the Document Reconciliation tab may not always show a significant monetary discrepancy. A discrepancy may have been flagged due to the rounding up of cost prices and addition of VAT.
- Select a delivery with the View Discrepancy link
The refreshed screen details all products and cost prices associated with this invoice.
Fig.11 – Showing a ‘Matched - Awaiting resolution’ Invoice with no discrepancies highlighted
- With invoices such as these, where no radio buttons show, simply select the Approve Invoice button at the top of the screen
The invoice will now be ready to be exported.
Suppliers are Able to Upload Credits Directly to the System.
It is advisable to check these on a regular basis.
- To do so, access the Documents tab
- Use the drop-down menus to choose:
- Document type – credit request
- Date range
- Then select Search
Any credit requests which show from a EDI supplier are awaiting a credit to be applied.
A more detailed article on invoice reconciliation can be found here - Inventory | Restaurants - Reconciling Invoices