The Employee Self Service App is designed to enable employees to easily access their Rotas, Payslips, HR Information, Holiday Allowance and Holiday Requests.
Using Employee Self Service (ESS)
To be able to access Employee Self Service, the Fourth App needs to be downloaded first.
- Within either the App Store for IOS or Google Play for Android, type Fourth into the search bar
- Open and Download the app (see Fig.1)
Fig.1 - Fourth App in IOS
If you have an existing Fourth Account, log in as normal.
If you are a new user, or the Company is new to Fourth, a Welcome Email will have been sent detailing the process of creating a password and also includes a username.
Fig.2 - Fourth Sign In
The App will open and display the Group Feed.
Select the Hamburger Menu (see Fig.3)
Fig. 3 - ESS location on Engage
The Menu Bar will display.
- Select Employee Self Service
Fig. 3.1 - ESS Visual on Feed Drop-Down
Please Note: If the user has access to ESS only, then the feed screen will display as black.
- Employee Self Service can also be accessed through the All Applications within the Menu Bar
- Select the Employee Self Service option
Fig. 3.2 - ESS access via the All Applications menu
The My Rotas page will display, detailing the following information:
- Current approved Rota
- Approved Holiday for the Rota
Scroll using the arrows to the left and right of the page to view more Rotas. If no arrows are visible, this indicates that no further Rotas are available to be viewed currently.
Fig.4 - Rota View
For more options, select the Hamburger Menu at the top left of the screen
A drop-down menu bar will display, detailing further pages available within Employee Self Service.
- Select My Payslips
Fig.5 - Rota Drop-Down Menu
The Payslip Page will display, showing the current Take Home Pay. This figure will show after Payroll has been processed in accordance with the Company processes.
- Select Show Payslip Breakdown for further details of the Payslip
- Select Download Payslip to download into a PDF format
For further information on viewing and downloading Payslips within ESS, see Fourth App - Viewing Payslips in Employee Self Service (ESS)
Fig. 6 - Payslip
Selecting My Documents within the drop-down menu opens the Documents page.
- Select either All, Payslips or Tax Docs to break down the Documents further
At the bottom of each page, there is an Information section detailing which Documents are accessible and their relevance.
Fig. 7 - Document page
- Select the Search by Date drop-down menu to find documents from various date ranges
Fig. 8 - Document page drop-downSelecting HR Details within the main drop-down menu opens the HR page.
The following information is detailed within this page:
- Employee Number
- Start Date
- NI Number
- Date of Birth
- Contact (Email Address or phone number)
- To edit the Email Address or phone number, select the Pencil icon to the right of the Contact field
Fig. 9 - HR information
Several options can be viewed within the My Holidays section:
- Viewing days Taken, Booked and Accrued
- Pending or Approved notifications
Making Holiday Requests
- For further information on creating Holiday Requests within Employee Self Service, see Fourth App - My Holidays in Employee Self Service (ESS)
If the full Holiday allowance has been used, and further unpaid Holiday is requested, is it recommended that this is processed as an absence.
Fig.9 - Holiday Visibility and Requests
Please sign in to leave a comment.