It is possible to configure Holiday Request notifications to be sent to employees via Fourth’s Employee Self Service app (ESS). The main benefit of this is that employees can be quickly and easily notified when their holiday requests are approved or declined – they will see these notifications on the lock screen of their smartphone/mobile device, rather than have to log in to an app or check their email.
To have this functionality enabled, please speak with your Fourth Contact.
Please note: This is a global setting and cannot be applied per location.
- An employee requests holiday via the My Holidays tab in ESS
- This request is logged within the Workforce Management solution
- The employee’s manager receives an email with the holiday request and then either approves or declines it
- The employee receives a push notification on their mobile device (see Fig.2) and the status of their requested days changes accordingly
Fig.1 - My Holidays tab in ESS (using a web browser)
Fig.2 - Holiday Request push notifications on a mobile device
In their HR & Payroll Access Levels, the employee must have a manager assigned within the Reports To field. This is so that the manager receives holiday request emails to their work inbox.
- In HR & Payroll, go to HR module > Employees > Employee List
- Search for and select the required Employee
- Go to Employee Access > Assign Access Levels
- Under ‘Select Access Level Hierarchy’, ensure that there is a manager in the Reports To drop-down
- If any changes are made, select Save from the bottom-right corner
Fig.3 - Selecting a ‘Reports To’ manager in an employee’s Access Level Hierarchy