This article describes various troubleshooting tips and areas to check regarding issues with the Fourth App. It is split into sections regarding Access issues and Users.
Please Note: These issues and solutions are linked with Mobile & Apps for Workforce Management.
Question / Problem: Cannot reset Fourth App Password
Please liaise with your Fourth representative in order to confirm the username and email address for the App account, then re-try the ‘Forgotten Password’ link.
Question / Problem: Unable to access Rotas, Payslips and / or Holidays
This can occur if the users do not have Fourth accounts.
To create an account:
- Go to HR > Users > Fourth Account Management > Search User > Create Fourth Account
Question / Problem: Unable to view the Holiday Tab
This can occur if the Holiday Setting for ESS within HR is disabled. In order to view the Holiday tab, this setting will need to be enabled for the relevant Locations.
To do so:
- Go to HR > Locations > Any Location > Enable the Display Holiday Tab within ESS? Setting
Question / Problem: Rotas for Sites Not Displaying
This can occur if the Rota Setting for ESS within HR is disabled. In order to view the Rota tab, this setting will need to be enabled for the relevant Locations.
To do so:
- Go to HR > Company Admin > Select Location > Enable Display Rota Tab within ESS Setting > Save
Question / Problem: Employees not Receiving Welcome Emails
Users occasionally encounter an error when signing up to the Fourth App and do not receive Welcome Emails.
Sometimes the required Location for the Fourth App does not have the Fourth Account Service. To resolve, please contact Head Office to enable the Fourth Account Service.
- If the correct access is assigned to do this, go to HR > Company Admin > Locations > Select required Location
The ‘Edit Location’ page will then display.
- Ensure that the Enable Fourth Account Service box is ticked
Question / Problem: Unable to view Schedule
An issue can occur where an employee cannot see their shifts in MySchedules or they are blank.
This can be due to the employee’s details in the HR module not synchronising correctly with the employee’s Fourth account.
HR Admin users can resolve this in some cases by saving both the Personal and Employment Details.
To do so, go to:
- HR > Employees > Search & Select Relevant Employee > Personal Details > Save
- HR > Employees > Search & Select Relevant Employee > Employment Details > Save
This process synchronises the employee’s credentials. If this was the issue, then when the Rota is published, the shifts should display on the application.
Question / Problem: Viewing who Authorized Holiday Requests
It is not possible to view who authorized Holiday Requests within MySchedules. To see all approved Holiday requests, go to:
- HR > Employees > Employee List > Search and select Employee > Employee HR Info > Holidays
- Select the required Holiday date
A new page will open with a link titled History, the History page will display details of who approved the Holiday.