- Improvement to posts and posting
- Pinch to zoom on images in the Feed
- Improvements to the Push Notification service
- Enhancements to the Salesforce Admin Console
- Mixpanel Tracking
- Bug Fixes and Maintenance
Release Date: 17th September 2019
Reason for the Change
Improvement of the overall user experience and back-end services.
All Fourth Engage users.
Improvements to Posts and Posting
‘Created Date’ in Posts
Posts in the Engage Feed are currently sorted based on when they were last updated. This effectively means posts are displayed at the top of the Engage Feed if any users post a new comment on them.
The current Post cards/tiles only contain one date/time stamp to signify where the Post sits in the context of the Feed - Last Updated Date e.g. 'Last Updated 10 May 2019 at 10:20'. Due to this, users often see Posts that were created several months ago right at the top of the Feed without any context of when they were originally created.
The original date of the post will now be displayed along with the last updated date to provide users context of when posts were originally created.
Fig.1 - Created Date with Post Titles
Fig.2 - Last Updated date within Post Titles
Default Posting Group in Engage
Customer Admin users will now be able to determine which types of groups they would like their employees to post content into by default, depending on their intended use for Engage.
Currently the default posting group selected within the ‘Create new Post’ window is users’ primary location group. Customer Admins will have the ability to switch between the following default posting groups from the admin Salesforce console:
- Location Groups – as seen in existing functionality, the default posting group will be users’ primary location group
- Company Groups – a company group can be set as the default group within Salesforce and this will subsequently be the default selection for all users when they open the ‘create new post’ window
Fig.3 - Setting default group type from the Account page in the Salesforce Console
Once the Default Group Type is set to Company Groups within the Salesforce Console, Customer Admins must determine which Company Group they would like to be the default selection for users within their organisation at the time of creating a post. This can be done by ticking the Default Group checkbox on the Group page in the Salesforce Console as seen below in Fig.4.
Fig.4 - Setting a Default Group in the Salesforce Console
Once the Default Group has been selected in the Salesforce Console, this Group will be the default selection when users begin creating posts within Engage.
Improvements to the Push Notification Service
Upgrades to key back-end services to improve the overall user experience when it comes to creating and distributing notifications to users for a variety of Engage activities.
Push notifications to iOS and Android devices will be managed and maintained within a unified distribution platform creating many advantages including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring push notifications infrastructure is robust across iOS and Android platforms as our customers and Fourth scale to deal with large volumes easily
- Better visibility of push sends across different customers to help Fourth troubleshoot issues related to push notifications more efficiently and effectively
Pinch to Zoom on Images
Users will be able to intuitively pinch to zoom in and out of images uploaded to the feed to view
This functionality will be supported on mobile devices only, on both iOS and Android versions of the Fourth App.
Enhancements to the Admin Salesforce Console
Customer Admin users will have the ability to search for users by Employee ID within the admin Salesforce console.
Additional tracking of key properties to feed into Fourth’s user analytics platform, and to eventually feed into Fourth Analytics.
Bug Fixes and Maintenance
- Fixes for issues identified with session time-out
- Fixes for sound/video stream on the feed to pause playing when user navigates away from the media or scrolls down/up
- Fixes releated to media upload when posting