Note: This article is for the new home tab interface. If you are not yet using this version of the home tab, please refer to this article here.
We have recently updated the interface of the Home tab in HotSchedules. This article will give you a quick overview of the new changes.
A) My Shifts - This is the calendar view where you will be able to see your schedule. You will be able to see the current week and next week. The week will start depending on work-week setup for that site. A nice improvement that will allow you to see past shifts for the current week. Current day cell will be highlighted as you can see in the screenshot for July 6. Shift tile will include job name, in and out times (out times will only show if your site is configured to display it) and location if assigned one.
- You will need to click on shift to see the schedule.
- If there are more than three shift scheduled for one day. A link to view more will be down the third shift.
- If you have any approved time off, or if your site uses requests and you submitted a request to work or request off. You will be able to see that on the calendar.
B) Available Pickup - This is the calendar view that will display any available shifts for pickup. You will need to click on the "Available Pickup" button. Once you clicked, your shifts won't display, and only available shifts will display. You will have to click on the shift to view the start time; we only display the Job code.
You will see a badge for how many new shifts are available to pick up.
- My Auto Pickup & Release - This is a link to the Auto Pickup/Release screen visible when you navigate to the available pickup calendar. The Auto Pickup/Release will also have a My Schedule back button. Need to know how this feature works? Check out this article.
C) Date Picker - You will be able to move the calendar back or forward with this. It will move to the next two weeks or the previous two weeks. Note: You won't be able to select specific dates.
D) See All Schedules & Entire Schedule widget- See all Schedules is a link to open the Entire Schedule Widget. Both will expand a window and display any schedules assigned schedules that are posted for the user. With Release 126.96.36.199 on 11/8/18, locations will be displayed in the View All Schedules view
E) Shift Legend - This explains the color scheme of the shifts. You can decide to hide it or show it.
- Past shifts will have the same colors but in a lighter shade.
- Current and Future Shifts will have a Solid colored left bar and a lighter background color where the shift information is. We will display the Job and In-time and Out-time (only if you have the permission to view out times).
- Shifts that have been swapped or released and are pending a decision will have the same solid colored left bar, but the background will be white.
- Potential shifts that have either been picked up or swapped but are pending approval will be in a grayed out doted rectangle.
F) Broadcast Widget - If there is a Broadcast Message, it will display in a banner on the top of the page and as well as in a widget next to the My Messages. If you close the banner, it won't appear after logging in again. But the widget will still be there.
G) Tasks - This window will display any pending tasks. Example: pending shift, image or availability approvals. You will be able to see how many tasks are pending; the total number will display in the top right corner of the window. You will also be able to expand to view a full list and select if you want this to pop-up every time you log in. Note: This widget will only display if you are configured to complete any of those tasks.
H) My Messages - This window will display a preview of your HotSchedules inbox. Selecting New Message or See all Messages will re-direct you to the messaging tab. You will be able to go back by selecting My Schedule.
I) External Links - This window will display any External Links that were were configured in the Settings Tab. If you select a link it will open up in a new tab of your browser. To see how these are configure check out this page.
Note: This widget will be available after release 188.8.131.52 on 11/08/18