Note: This article is for standard HotSchedules customers. If you are a HotSchedules Essentials user, or your site doesn't match the images and descriptions listed below, click HERE to read a more-tailored article for your situation.
Additionally, this article is only for HotSchedules customers who don't integrate their sites with their Point of Sale system. If your company integrates HotSchedules with your POS, new employees must be entered in the POS. Once a sync occurs, the new employee's account will appear in HotSchedules.
In order to schedule employees, they must have an account in HotSchedules. Creating new accounts is incredibly easy, and this article will walk you through the process.
Follow these steps to add a new employee:
- Navigate to the STAFF LIST of your HotSchedules STAFF tab and select NEW EMPLOYEE.
- Fill out the required fields and select CONTINUE at the bottom of the page. Please note that adding an email address for your employees is not required, but strongly recommended.
- Once you select CONTINUE, the other tabs of the employee's profile will be activated. The JOBS/SCHEDULES tab allows you to assign the employee to different schedules. You will also be able to select which Jobs the employee will have. Make sure you select SAVE before moving on to the next tab.
- The AVAILABILITY tab allows you to set the new employee's Availability. To do so, create a new Effecting Date, and drag your mouse over times in which the employee will not be available to work. When finished, select SAVE at the bottom. Click HERE for a more in-depth article on how to adjust Availability in HotSchedules.
- The PERMISSIONS tab allows you to select which Permission Set the employee will have which grants access to different areas of the site. Notice which permissions are checked as you assign different sets and don't forget to SAVE!