Setting the Priority of Announcement Banners
New functionality that enables the reordering of announcement banners on the Engage feed
Release date: April 18th 2023
- Enabled by Default? - Yes
- Set up by customer Admin? - No
- Enable via Support ticket? - No
- Affects configuration or data? - No
- Roles Affected: - if applicable
Ability to set the order of the announcement banners in the Engage Feed.
Reason for the Change
So that older (but potentially more important) Announcements can remain displayed first in the carousel at the top of the Engage Feed.
All customers using Engage.
Release Note Info/Steps
- Create a new Announcement or edit an existing one
- In the 'Information' section for the Announcement, enter a Priority number
- 1 will make the Announcement display first, 2 second, and so on
No two priority numbers can be used at the same time. If there is an existing priority 1 Announcement, it will need to be changed to 2 or another number before the new number 1 can be assigned.
Announcements with no priority number will be displayed in order of date created, newest first.
- Save changes to the Announcement(s)
Fig.1 - 'Priority number field - Announcement Infomation
Then, when viewing Current Announcements their priority will be indicated (see Fig.2) and they will display as such on the Engage Feed.
Fig.2 - Current Announcements, priority level shown
Please sign in to leave a comment.