Employee Thresholds allow you the ability to determine, per individual, the minimum and maximum days sand hours scheduled per week; the maximum hours scheduled per day; and the minimum hours between scheduled shifts. If an individual’s schedule and/or scheduled shifts violate any of the configured thresholds, the Scheduler will inform the scheduling manager.
Thresholds are adjusted for each of your employees individually from the Staff tab. Navigate to the Staff tab, then select the appropriate team member's name in the staff list. In their profile, select the Availability / Thresholds sub-tab.
To create a Schedule Threshold, simply navigate to the bottom of the page, and enter thresholds for the following (blank fields indicate no threshold):
- Days Scheduled in a Week - Managers can enter a minimum and maximum number of days in a week an employee can be scheduled.
- Hours Scheduled in a Week - Managers can enter a minimum and maximum number of hours in a week an employee can be scheduled.
- Hours Scheduled in a Day - Managers can enter a maximum number of hours in a day an employee can be scheduled.
- Hours Between Scheduled Shifts - Managers can enter a minimum number of hours that must be between scheduled shifts.
- Be aware that “Min” of this section refers to minimum hours and not minutes.
In the example above, you would be informed if you attempted to schedule this particular employee fewer than 3, or more than 6 days within a week; fewer than 12, or more than 24 hours in a week; more than 7 hours in a day; and/or schedule two shifts within less than 10 hours from each other.
You are also able to, as you are with availability, have a new set of parameters start on a specific date. Select the plus symbol at the top of the page, choose a start date, and adjust the parameters - saving when finished. Those thresholds will not go into effect until that specified date.
In the Scheduler, violating these rules will display a warning. Clicking the warning will reveal what violations occurred, and on what day it will happen. For a violation that spans two weeks (Hours Between Scheduled Shifts), the warning will appear in both weeks.
When using the Auto-Scheduler, selecting the Honor employee schedule thresholds option will prevent the tool from assigning threshold-violating shifts.
On your mobile app, warnings will appear if a shift transaction up for approval violates any threshold parameters. Desktop-based warnings will come soon.
- Swaps "This swap breaks rules for time-between shifts and may result in penalty pay if approved."
- Pickup "This shift pickup breaks rules for the time-between-shifts and may result penalty pay if approved."