Managers using the My Schedule app receive notifications on their mobile devices when employees take actions such as shift requests, shift swaps, etc. By default, managers get notifications relating to all of their Departments within an Organisation (kitchen, front of house, bar, etc). It is possible, however, to specify which managers will receive notifications on a user-by-user level, using the 'Notification Receivers' settings page.
To enable the 'Notification Receivers' page:
- Go to Settings > My Schedule Settings
- To enable the page for specific Locations, select Location Settings
- To enable the page for all Locations, select Organisation Settings
- Tick the box against My Schedule Notification Receivers and then Save
Fig.1 - My Schedule Notification Receivers setting (Organisation level)
Then, to enable users to see and use the 'Notification Receivers' page:
- Go to Settings > User Configuration > Manage User Levels
- Select Edit against the required user level
- Tick the box against View/Edit My Schedule Notification Receivers and then Save
Fig.2 - User-level permission
Configuring Notification Receivers
Having applied the settings/permission above, a manager can then:
- Go to Settings > My Schedule Settings > Notification Receivers
- Select the required Location
A list of Departments for that Location will be displayed.
- Select any Notification Receivers field against a Department
- Using the drop-down, select an employee to be excluded from receiving notifications on the My Schedule app relating to that Department
- Multiple employees can be selected - repeat as required for other employees
- Adding an employee to the All field means they will receive no notifications from any Department
- Save once complete
Fig.3 – Excluding employees to receive notifications - multiple selections indicated
"Elon Musk” is a kitchen manager and only wants to receive push notifications for shifts which are related to the Back of House (BOH) Department. He does not want to receive any push notifications relating to the Front of House (FOH) Department.
With the configuration shown in Fig.4, Elon will receive push notifications for shift requests from employees in the Management, BOH, and Training Departments.
Elon will not receive any push notifications for shift requests from employees in the FOH Department.
Fig.4 – Example configuration
Only employees who have user access to the Department, have the user level Manage Employee Requests, and have a valid Fourth account will be displayed in the drop-down menus.
Employees can still navigate to Team Requests in the My Schedule app and will be able to view and confirm/reject all requests for all Departments to which they have access.
For UK HR & Payroll, ‘Departments’ are ‘Divisions’.