A new application that allows transfers to be created on the fly, using a mobile device.
Release date: February 7th 2022
A new connected app called Transferring, that allows for the transfer of products and recipes between outlets.
Reason for the Change?
The app will allow for transfers to be created on a mobile device on the fly, as opposed to completing in the Adaco core application.
Adaco customers on an Enterprise edition can be granted access to the Transferring app.
Please liaise with your Fourth contact to arrange to have the app enabled.
Release Note Info/Steps
When enabled for an organisation and user, the Transferring app will be available in the collection of connected apps on the Fourth platform, as seen in Fig.1.
Fig.1 - Transferring app, connected app icon
On launching the Transferring app, the 'New Transfer' screen will display - see Fig.2.
- Select a From Location and a To Location from the drop-down menus (locations are sorted alphabetically)
The list of From locations is based on user access (managed in the core Adaco application).
The list of available To locations is determined by the chosen From location - the locations that it is permitted to transfer to.
When both locations are selected, a list of available items (products and recipes) for transfer will appear.
Fig.2 - New Transfer screen
- Select a Transfer Date - it will default to Today, but Yesterday or any date from 4 days prior can be selected - see Fig.3
Fig.3 - New transfer location and date selection
Adaco may potentially change the date of the transfer when it is received if the inventory period that the transfer is dated for is closed. For example, if December 31st was selected but when the transfer reached Adaco, the December inventory period was closed, the transfer would be dated January 1st - the first available date in the current inventory period.
- If necessary, Comments can be added to provide additional information on the transfer, or to explain why it has been initiated (as seen in Fig.4)
Comments applied to transfers will be visible in the core Adaco application.
Fig.4 - Transfer Comments
- Next, choose the products and/or recipes to add to the transfer - either scroll through the list or use the search bar
The items available for transfer are restricted to those available and assigned a valid GL account at both locations.
Fig.5 - Transfer item search
Where no items are available to transfer between locations, or the search returns no matching products, the response No items match this search criteria will be returned, as seen in Fig.6.
Fig.6 - No items matching search criteria
- Set the quantity of each item to add to the transfer - either use the +/- steppers or enter the value manually
Where quantities have been added the item will appear with a blue shade.
- Once transfer quantities have been applied, the selections can be previewed by selecting the Preview Selections toggle, as seen in Fig.7
Fig. 7 - Preview selections
- To reset the items that have been applied to the transfer, select Clear
A notification will appear for confirmation/cancellation of this action, as seen in Fig.8.
Fig. 8 - Clear transfer items
- When the transfer is ready to send, select Submit
A notification providing summary detail of the transfer will be presented.
- To confirm, select Submit again
- To continue working on the transfer, select Back
Fig. 9 - Submit transfer
On successful submission of the transfer, a notification 'Transfer successful' will display and the app will return to the 'New Transfer' screen.
Fig. 10 - Transfer successful
Once the transfer has been submitted, it will then be visible in the Adaco core application, as seen in Fig. 11.
It is not possible to view or amend submitted transfers in the Transferring app and any updates will need to be applied in the Adaco core application.
Fig. 11 - Transfer created from Transferring app in Adaco
If at any point during the transfer process the From or To locations are attempted to be changed, the selections will be reset, as seen in Fig. 12. This is because the items available for transfer between locations may differ.
- To confirm, select Proceed. To return, select Back
Fig. 12 - Change transfer locations
An internet connection is required to use the Transferring app - offline use is not supported.