This article describes the process of creating Custom Reports in both the HR and Payroll modules. There is standard reporting available in both modules, designed to accommodate a range of requirements.
These reports include, but are not limited to, Absence Analysis and Termination Analysis (within the HR module), P11 Summary, and Absences SSP reporting (within the Payroll module).
If these reports do not meet requirements, a custom report can be built to tailor information specifically to the company.
Creating a Custom Report
- Select HR from the burger menu
- Then go to Reports > Customised Reports
Please Note: Select the Payroll Module if the required report is Payroll-related. The process is the same for both.
Fig.1 - Reports > Customised Reports
- Select Create Template
Fig.2 - Create Template
- Enter the Template Name, select the Report Type and enter a Template Description
Fig.3 - Template details
Fields to be included in the report are then chosen. All fields in the HR Module are available to select, across a range of Report Groups.
The first Report Group to select fields from is Employee Details.
- To select fields to be included in the report, tick the Return box against each one
- Use the Sequence column to determine the order in which the fields are displayed (be sure not to have duplicate Sequence numbers, especially across different Report Groups)
Use the Condition field to place a condition on any field to filter the results
- The conditions available will be dependent on the field selected. Conditions are explained on the right side of the page (see Fig.5) and are entered after selecting Run Report
- To return all values for a field, leave the Condition as n/a
- Use the Order column to determine if the records will appear in ascending or descending order - shown in Fig.4
Please note - it is not possible to set any overarching date filters on custom reports, but it is possible to include various date fields and then filter the exported data in Excel
Fig.4 - 'Employee Details' group - Return, Sequence, Condition, and Order columns
- Scroll down and Save
Fields from the next Report Group (which is Employee Work Details) will then be displayed.
- Select any required fields and Save again
- Repeat this process and cycle through all of the Report Groups (or use the drop-down to go straight to the required ones
- When all required fields have been selected, return to the Reports Template screen and select the newly created Template
Fig.7 - Select new Template
- Select Run Report from the top-right corner
Please Note: The first time Run Report is selected, the user must be viewing a Report Group that contains selected fields.
- Enter any Conditions (if any have been selected) and then Run
The report will be created and downloaded in .CSV format - best viewed using Microsoft Excel.