This article has been designed to be a user guide in order to assist in the process of using Digital Recipe Cards (formerly known as Starchef Light) in the Recipe and Menus solution.
For a list of all Recipe and Menu Engineering articles, please visit RME - Article Contents Page.
Accessing Digital Recipe Cards
Please Note: This section is only applicable to users who have multiple User Groups available.
- Sign in to the Recipe and Menus Engineering solution
- Select the Home tab
- Select Click here to change your active user group
- In the pop-up which appears, select one of the User Groups called 'Light', e.g. RME Recipe Viewer
- Select Save
- The screen will refresh and the 'Light' Digital Recipe Cards View will display
- All Recipes can be viewed by going to the All Recipes tab and then using the Enter or 🔍 (search) buttons
- Go to the My Favourites tab to see all recipes that have been marked as favourites
- Recently Viewed will display recently accessed recipes
Fig.2 – All, Favourite, and Recently Viewed Recipes
When viewing a Recipe, various actions can be taken:
- Back to Search - Return to the previously used Recipe page
- Print - Use this function to quickly print the Recipe
- PDF - Save the Recipe in PDF format for later reference or sharing
- My Rating - Rate the recipe 1-5 by clicking on the stars. Adjust at any time
- Add to favourite - Tick/untick the box for the Recipe to appear in My Favourites when browsing
- Show/hide information - Hide/display information by clicking on the arrow at the top left of every box. This is useful to avoid exposure of sensitive information when showing the recipe to a customer
Fig.3 – Viewing a Recipe
Searching For Recipes
Use the ‘Search’ tool to easily find Recipes.
Fig.4 – Multiple Search Results
- Multiple results can be refined by selecting Add Filters
Recipes can be filtered by categories, menus, or ingredients, as well as by the following 'including' or 'excluding' criteria: "Additives", "Allergens", "Contains", and "Dietary".
Fig.5 – Applying Filters to a Search
- Select Show Extended to display a greater range of 'including' or 'excluding' criteria
User options can be accessed via buttons located in the top right corner of the screen.
Fig.6 – User Functions in Top Right Corner
- User profile details (username, email, password, etc) can be modified by selecting the Username
- Switch to a different User Group by selecting the Person icon as shown in Fig.6
- Log out of Recipe & Menus with the red cross button - always advisable at the end of the session