New API for User Provisioning Available
You likely have partners that connect with Fourth to send and receive data, such as your sales transactions, inventory items, or workforce activities. To support both you and your partners, we’ve now launched the Fourth Account SCIM API.
The Fourth Account SCIM API provides access to a limited range of user account data. Its main purpose is to allow your partners to create user accounts in their own system using your employees in Fourth. For example, this could be a POS provider who needs to create users to log into the till; a rewards partner that is integrated into Fourth Engage; or any other partner you have where you would like them to create user accounts for your employees.
- If you’re a Purchase-to-Pay & Inventory customer, then this API enables you to finally share Fourth user accounts with your partners
- If you’re using our Workforce Management solutions, then this API is the best integration option for most partners
- If you use Fourth apps and Engage, this is an ideal way for any of your connected partners to get the employee details they need
- This API is also available to Hot Schedules customers using Fourth single sign-on
The API uses an existing industry standard — the System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) — which helps improve the time it takes to complete an integration.
Details provided by the API include the:
- Fourth Account ID — our unique identifier for your employee
- User's name details
- Work location
- Job title (Workforce Management only)
- Country and preferred language
- Work email
What the API doesn’t send is important — it avoids sending the personal and sensitive information that our Workforce Management APIs otherwise provide. These APIs are intended for integrating with other HR systems, rather than partners who need only basic information about your employees. By sending just information useful for user provisioning, the Fourth Account SCIM API follows the GDPR principle of only receiving data that is required for the business use case.
Where to Send your Partners
Information about how to integrate with this and other Fourth APIs is available on our Developer Hub. This website provides integration information aimed at partners, so please share these links with them as required:
And, if you have any upcoming integrations, remember to introduce the partner to the Fourth team as soon as possible so we can get the integration up and running quickly!