The Alerts functionality can be set up for varying job roles to receive an Alert upon a trigger event, e.g. Absence Created, Employee Shift Change.
This article describes the process of setting Alerts and assigning alerts to specific Job Titles.
Setting Up Alerts
- Select HR from the main menu
Fig.1 - Selecting HR module
- Using the Audit & Alerts drop-down menu
- Select Alert Set Up
Fig.2 - Audit & Alerts drop-down
- Select Create a New Template
Fig.3 - 'Create a New Template' button
- Enter a Description
- Select to which address the email should be sent:
- Personal will send to an email address entered in the 'Work email' field of an employee’s record
- Location will send to an email address set up in the Location settings
Please note: It is advised not to enter email addresses that are accessed by multiple people - e.g. HR@Locationemail.com - as alerts may contain sensitive information.
- Set the Frequency
Fig.4 - Add a Template Box
- If the Frequency is set as ‘Weekly’, select the Day of the Week the alert is to be sent on
Fig.5 - Day of Week
- Select Save
Fig.6 - Save
- Select Assign Events
Fig.7 - Assign Events
A pop-up window will display titled ‘Template: Assign Events’
- Select the events to be notified about, and if required, enter an order for the alerts to come through in the email
Fig.8 - Assign Events Window
- Select Assign Users
Fig.9 - Assign Users
- Search for the employee to receive the email alert and tick the Assigned tick box
Fig.10 - Assign User To Alert
- Alternatively, if this alert should be received by all employees within a certain Job Title, select Assign Job Titles
Fig.11 - Assign Job Titles
- Select the Job Titles and use the single arrows to move them across to the Assigned area
Fig.12 - Assign Job Title
The Alert Dispatches area contains records of the alerts and reminders that have been sent out
Select Alert Dispatches in the Audit & Alerts drop-down menu
Fig.13 - Audits & Alerts Drop-Down
- Select the Alert from the list.
Fig.14 - Alerts
This will show a record of all the details that have been sent out in the email to the assigned Users / Job Titles.
Please sign in to leave a comment.