The Alerts functionality can be used so that specific employees receive an email alert upon a trigger event, e.g. absence created, employee shift change, holiday request, etc.
This article describes the process of configuring alerts and assigning them to specific Users, and Job Titles.
Setting Up Alerts
- From the left-side menu go to HR > Audit a& Alerts > Alert Set Up
Fig.1 - Alert Set Up
- From the top-right corner, select Create a New Template
Fig.2 - 'Create a New Template' button
- Enter a Description
Select to which address the alert email should be sent:
- Personal - uses the email address entered in the 'Work email' field of an employee’s record
- Location - uses the email address set up in the Location settings
- None - no alert will be emailed (though will still show in 'Alert Dispatches')
It is advised that email addresses accessed by multiple people are not used - e.g. HR@Locationemail.com - as alerts may contain sensitive information.
Set the Frequency
- Weekly - also chose the day of the week
- Fortnightly - also chose the day of the week
- Monthly - also chose the day of the month
- Then Save
Fig.3 - Adding an alert template
- Select Assign Events
Fig.4 - 'Assign Events' button
A pop-up window will display titled ‘Template: Assign Events’.
- Tick Applied next to the events to be notified of, and if required, enter a Sequence for how the alerts are listed in the email
Fig.5 - Assign Events window
The next step is to assign the alert to individual Users and/or Job Titles.
- Assign Users - for specific employees to receive the alert
- Assign Job Titles - for all employees with specific job titles to receive the alert
Fig.6 - 'Assign Users'/'Assign Job Titles'
- Select the required users and/or job titles as required and Save
Fig.7 - Assigning a user
Fig.8 - Assigning a Job Title
The Alert Dispatches area contains records of the alerts that have been sent out.
Go to HR > Audit & Alerts > Alert Dispatches
Fig.9 - 'Alert Dispatches'
- Select an Alert from the list
Fig.10 - Triggered alerts
This will show a record of all events for that alert, when they were created, and who by.
Fig.11 - Alert Event Details