This article will guide through the process of terminating an employee, an option provided by the HR and Payroll solution.
How to Terminate an Employee
- From the HR Module, find the employee by selecting View All Employees and choosing from the employee list
- Select the employee to view their Candidate Summary
Fig.1 - Employee List
- Under Employee Info on the top left-hand side of the screen, select the Termination Details menu
- Enter the termination date, reason, and whether or not re-employment is possible
- If gross misconduct is chosen, Re-employ will default to ‘No’. If Re-employ is selected as ‘No’, a note must be entered to explain why
- On the bottom half of the screen, the employee's ability details and forwarding address can be entered. They can also be excluded from future pay runs by leaving Include in Future Pay Runs blank
- When the Save button is selected on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, a screen prompt will appear, checking that the user is sure they want to terminate
Fig.5 - Terminate Employee confirmation
The system saves all previous employees.
- To search for a terminated employee, select Former in the search field of the Employee List
This will list former employees, and the option to re-hire is given.
Fig.6 - Former Employee Search
If enabled (by Fourth), a Global Setting can be applied that will allow the termination of employees beyond the current pay run's end date. To do this:
- Go to Payroll > Administration > Global Settings > Holiday Pay > Auto Pay Holiday for Final Payroll
- Tick the box against Allow termination dates beyond the current payroll end date?
Then, on the Termination page, under HR > Employee > Employee List > Administration > Termination Reasons, the termination message will be:
Please Note: There will be no pop-up showing the final holiday pay as it will be only calculated when the employee is in their final pay run.