This article shows how wastage values from Purchasing & Inventory are reported in Fourth Analytics.
The Wastage tab can be found in the Inventory and Requisition dashboard, and shows transactions made to all ‘wastage’ or ‘spoilage’ outlets only. It does not reflect any stock adjustments made to wastage.
Wastage Value Per Month
This trend graph is preset to display wastage values for the previous 12 months. The column/bar size denotes wastage amount in value, and the line graph denotes wastage as a percentage of actual recipe sales for the month. By selecting the month label, there is a drill-through to view the information by day of the month.
Fig.1 - Wastage Value Per Month graph
Key Wastage Data
The graphic summary in the top-right of the screen shows the total of stock movements (requisitions or transfers) in to, and out of, the wastage outlet(s) for the selected time period in terms of quantity and value. Below this is a total figure.
Fig.2 - Key Wastage Data
Top 10 Wastage Value by Category/Outlets/Property
These graphs show the highest 10 by value (sorted largest to smallest).
Fig.3 - Top 10 Wastage Value by Category/Outlets/Property graphs
Top 5 Wastage Products Last 12 Months - Value
This trend graph shows the 5 products with the highest cumulative wastage over the last 12 months, and how wastage for each has varied each month, in terms of value.
Fig.4 - Top 5 Wastage Products Last 12 Months - Value graph
Wastage by Outlet - Value
This table shows a breakdown of wastage by property, cost category and outlet.
Fig.5 - Wastage by Outlet - Value table
Wastage by Outlet Category - Value
This table displays wastage values for the past 24 months by outlet (listed alphabetically), most recent month on the left to oldest month on the right. It is colour coded according to wastage amount from orange (largest) to blue (negative wastage). There is drill-through functionality to further detail.
Fig.6 - Wastage by Outlet Category - Value
Identify which outlets are successfully controlling wastage
- First choose the required time period using the Date Dimension (Business day) filter under 'Property Details'
- Within the 'Property Details' filters, set the Property or Outlet filter(s) as required
- Review the Wastage Value by Month to assess the overall trend and the total percentage wastage for the selected time period
- Refer to the Top 10 Wastage Value by Category/Outlets/Property tables to determine which are the key locations to focus on (with the biggest value impact)
- Sort the Wastage by Outlet – Value report by highest to lowest value to further help identify those outlets to review, and apply filters as necessary
- Refer to Wastage by Outlet Category - Value to identify the wastage trend in relevant outlets
- Scroll up to the Top 5 Wastage Products Last 12 Months - Value report to understand which key products may be driving this trend