This article shows how to assess whether what has been delivered matches what was ordered, according to the purchase order. This is known as 'Delivery Matching'.
The Delivery Matching tab is found within the Purchasing and Receiving dashboard. It shows the delivery status for chosen purchase orders (P.O.s) in terms of whether they have been delivered or not. It also shows if what was delivered matches what was ordered, both by cost and quantity. This information can be viewed by vendor, by product segment, or at individual P.O. level.
- Normally, the Account Details > PO Status filters on the top-right should be set to include Partial and Received P.O.s only, i.e. those that are live orders. Otherwise, data will be affected by those which, for example, have not yet been transmitted to the supplier
Delivery Matching data is populated with data only if the core P&I solution has an itemised sales feed from the EPOS system, and recipes are linked to PLUs to register individual menu item sales. Otherwise, the tab will display no data.
Delivery Matching Headline Data
This is shown as a banner across the top of the tab and this takes P.O.s created during the selected date range as per the Date Dimension (Business Day) filter, and shows the total value ordered versus received, and the total quantity of products ordered versus received.
Fig.1 - Delivery Matching Headline Data banner
Inventory Cost of Matched and Unmatched Purchase Orders by Month
Shown on the left side of Fig.2 is a trend graph, pre-set for the previous 12 months for delivery matching status by total order value. On the right side is a summary of number of orders for each particular status for the month/date range selected. In this example (left), in Oct 2018 the total value of P.O.s placed was £1.3M, of which approximately a third by value were under-delivered (based on orange stack size). On the right is indicated 766 orders were delivered in the quantity ordered but at a lower price.
Fig.2 - Cost of Matched and Unmatched P.O.s by Month
Inventory Cost Matched and Unmatched Purchase Orders by Vendor
The chart on the right (in Fig.3) shows a breakdown of status of all the orders from a particular vendor (listed alphabetically by vendor for the top 10 vendors by spend). For example, the Milk Company delivered approximately 75% of all products ordered at a matching price and quantity (size of dark green bar).
Fig.3 - Inventory Cost Matched and Unmatched Purchase Orders by Vendor
This chart shows the information on a vendor–by-vendor basis for the top ten vendors by spend value. The chart on the left shows delivery matching status by total order value - arranged by vendor with the largest total spend at the top to 10th largest at the bottom. Of the £375k total value of orders placed with vendor Brian Taylor for the time period, most were under delivered (orange block).
Delivery Compliance by Segment
This report shows order matching status for price and for quantity, with % compliance (matching), displayed by product segment.
Fig.4 - Delivery Compliance by Segment Report
Delivery Compliance by Vendor
Shows order matching status for price and for quantity, with % compliance, displayed by vendor.
Fig.5 - Delivery Compliance by Vendor
Delivery Compliance by PO Status
Shows order matching status for price and for quantity, with % compliance, by individual purchase orders.
Fig.6 - Delivery Compliance by PO Status
See how many partially received beverage purchase orders there are for the previous month for a particular vendor, and what has and has not been received.
- First choose the required time period using the Date Dimension (Business day) filter under 'Property Details'
- Within the 'Product Details' filters, set the Segment filter to Beverage
- Look at the banner summary information to see the average compliance for all beverage orders
- Look at the Inventory Cost of Matched and Unmatched Purchase Orders by Month to see the trend and further breakdown
- Refer to the Top 10 Vendor Summary information to see if there are any major vendors supplying beverages which may be heavily affecting the compliance ratings
- Refer to the Delivery Compliance by Vendor to view data for all beverage vendors, and use the up and down arrows in the 'Compliance' header boxes to sort vendors by compliance
- Refer to the Delivery Compliance by PO Status Report to identify any P.O.s with particularly poor compliance, and click through to check individual products and vendors causing this