This article describes the process of creating Custom Reports in both the HR & Payroll modules. There is standard reporting available in both modules, designed to accommodate a range of requirements.
These reports include, but are not limited to, Absence Analysis & Termination Analysis (within the HR module), P11 Summary, and Absences SSP reporting (within the Payroll module).
If these reports do not meet requirements, a custom report can be built to tailor information specifically to the company.
Creating a Custom Report
- Select HR from the Module drop-down
- Select Customised Reports in the Reports drop-down menu
Please Note: Select the Payroll Module if the required report is Payroll-related. The process is the same for both.
Fig.1 - Customised Reports
- Select Create Template
Fig.2 - Create Template
- Enter the Template Name, select the Report Type and enter a Template Description
Fig.3 - Template Details
Filters can then be set to determine which fields are to be included within the report. All fields in the HR Module are available to select.
- Select which section to choose fields from, using the Report Group drop-down menu
Fig.4 - Report Group drop-down
- To select fields to be included in the report, tick the Return box against them
- Use the Sequence column to determine the order in which the fields are displayed
Use the Condition field to place a condition on any field to filter the results
- The conditions available will be dependent on the field selected. Conditions are explained in Fig.6
- Use the Order column to determine if the records will appear in ascending or descending order - shown in Fig.5
Fig.5 - Return, Sequence, Condition, and Order columns
Fig.6 - Conditions explained
- Once all fields required have been selected on the first page, select Save to move to the next section
Return to the Reports Template screen.
- Select the newly created Template
Fig.7 - Select new Template
- Select Run Report
Please Note: The first time a report is run, the user must be on the page which has fields chosen when selecting Run Report.
Fig.8 – Run Report
- Any Conditions which have been selected will need to be completed by selecting from the Value drop-down menu
When Run Report is selected, the report will be created in .CSV format - best viewed using Microsoft Excel.