This article describes the process of viewing the deliveries which have not yet had Invoices applied against them in the Unbilled tab in Fourth Analytics for Purchasing & Inventory.
This tab shows Purchase Orders which have been received, but not yet had Invoices applied against them.
Unbilled Value With and Without Rates
These figures are displayed in a banner across the top of the tab, and are pre-set based on the current (today’s) date.
Fig.1 – Unbilled Value With and Without Rates Banner
Billed and Unbilled Receiving %
Graph showing the % Billed status for the time period which has been selected using the Date filters. This is based on total receiving value.
Fig.2 – Billed and Unbilled Receiving %
Billed and Unbilled Receiving
This graph displays the total value Billed and Unbilled by month, pre-set for the past 12 months.
Please Note: The graph uses two scales, one for Billed and one for Unbilled. In the example below, the Unbilled bar for October appears larger than the Billed bar, however Unbilled is £40.1k and Billed is £1.5m.
Fig.3 – Billed and Unbilled Receiving Graphs
Unbilled Receiving Breakdown
These graphs show the breakdown of Unbilled Receiving for the selected time period by Supplier, Property and Outlet respectively. Negative amounts mean that returns are awaiting credit notes.
Fig.4 – Unbilled Receiving Breakdowns Graphs
Billed and Unbilled Receiving Reconciliation Including Rates
This graph displays the breakdown by Property and Supplier for the period/date range selected.
- The Receiving column shows the total value received in the period
- The Billed column shows the total value invoiced in the period
- The Accrual column shows the total value billed in previous (or future) periods
- The Unbilled column shows the total value Unbilled for the currently selected period
- The Discrepancy column shows Received - Billed + Accrual + Unbilled (should equate to 0)
Fig.5 – Billed and Unbilled Receiving Reconciliation Including Rates Table
Unbilled Receiving - Detailed
This table displays only the Unbilled Received Purchase Orders by Property, Vendor and individual Purchase Order for all deliveries in the chosen date range. It also shows the number of days since the delivery was received.
Fig.6 – Unbilled Receiving – Detailed Table
This example scenario outlines the process of reconciling outstanding Invoice totals, preparing end-of-month accruals figures for the month and to be able to determine if there are any instances where Payment Terms of 60 days after the delivery date may not be compliant, using the graphs and dashboards outlined above.
- Select the required time period using the Date Dimension (Business day) filter under Property Details
- Within the Account Details filters, set the Supplier filter as required
- Scroll down to the Billed and Unbilled Receiving Reconciliation Including Rates report. The Unbilled figure will be the selected time period’s new accruals value
- The accruals figure should be the existing value of accruals from prior periods
- Next choose the preceding time period using the Date Dimension (Business day) filter under Property Details to filter on all deliveries received over this time period
- Scroll down to the Unbilled Receiving Detailed report
- Sort the Days in Arrear column from largest to smallest by selecting the v symbol in the column header
- Refer to any Purchase Orders which have been received more than 60 days prior, but are still Unbilled