OverviewThis document explains how to create an agency or contractor job title. The purpose of this is to be able to include such jobs within the rota and wage costs, but not attach them to payroll, thus not adding National Insurance into the wage costs.
Creating an ‘Agency’ or ‘Contractor’ Job TitleThe first stage in creating an agency or contractor job is to create the job title. To do this, navigate to;
HR> Company Admin> Job Titles> Create Job Title
Fig 1 – Create Job Title
- Change the option of ‘Contractor/Agency job title’, highlighted above, to ‘Yes’. This will allow for a new box entitled ‘Exclude NI from Wage Cost’ which can be selected if required. This can be seen in Fig 2 below.
Fig 2 – Exclude NI from Wage Cost Option
- Select ‘Next’ and assign the job title to the relevant locations and divisions, for example ‘Head Office’.
- Select ‘Save’.
Note: Once the job title has been saved, this setting cannot then be changed.
Creating an ‘Agency/Contractor’ EmployeeOnce the agency/contractor job title has been created, it is now possible to create employees to attach to this job title. To do this, navigate to:
HR> Employees> Create New Employee
On the first page, it is essential at this stage to complete any mandatory fields in order to move to the next page. It is suggested that the fields such as ‘First Name’ and ‘Surname’ are used to denote that this is to be used for agency or contractor employees and who the super user login is to apply to. Once the relevant fields have been completed, select ‘Next’
Fig 3 – Employment Details
- Select the relevant location and division that the Agency/Contractor was assigned to in order to select the job title from the drop down list.
- Once the Agency/Contractor job title has been selected, a pop up message will be displayed explaining that the selected job title will not be attached to payroll (see Fig 4).
Fig 4 – Contractor/Agency Message
- The ‘Annual Salary’ field must have a figure in it, even though this job title is not being attached to payroll, such as ‘£0.01. A payment method must also be inputted. If it is required that this cost is used within the wage costs, ensure that the salary is relative to the job that is being created.
- If the job title is to include costs for an hourly paid member of team, change the ‘Is Employee Paid By Rota’ setting to ‘Yes’ and input the required hourly rate.
- Select next to continue.
Fig 5 – Employee Access Levels
- Within the assign access levels page, it is now possible to assign the relevant access level, if required.
- The ‘reports to’ field must also be correctly filled out if set as a mandatory.
- Once ready, select next to finish the process. The job that has just been created will now be visible in the employee list, and also will be available to schedule within the rota module.