This article describes how to conduct a Right to Work (RtW) check within in the Fourth ATS (Applicant Tracking System) using the TrustID app.
How Does the RtW Check Work?
In order to hire an employee via the Fourth ATS, a successful RtW check is required. Without the check the applicant cannot be progressed to the onboarding stage, and therefore cannot become an employee.
The checks are carried out by a 3rd party provider called Trust ID.
The hiring manager conducting the RtW checks need to download the Trust ID app onto a mobile device with a built-in camera. The app requires a picture to be taken from the documentation providing proof of the applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK, e.g. a Passport.
The image is submitted to Trust ID which conducts the RtW checks. The ATS application number is used as a reference for Trust ID, and links the RtW check with the correct job applicant.
The result of the check will be available in the candidate screen within ATS. Users do not need to go back into the app to see the result.
Photocopies are not required, and the documentation images are not held on the Manager’s device or on ATS, they are only held by Trust ID. The PDF validation reports are transferred directly into the HR system.
Accessing the Trust ID App
In order to access the Trust ID app via Single Sign On through the Fourth app, the Trust ID app needs to be downloaded on the Android and iOS mobile devices which are used for the RtW checks.
To download the app:
- Go to the Google or Apple Store and search for the TrustID Fourth Cloud app
Fig.1 – TrustID App in App Store
Once downloaded, Trust ID can be accessed via the Fourth app.
- To do so, go to All Applications and select the TrustID icon
Fig.2 – All Applications within the Fourth App
Fig.3 – TrustID Application
Please Note: If the Single Sign On option via the Fourth app is not available, the Trust ID app can still be used. Please contact the company’s head of HR or Recruitment regarding login details.
Home Screen of the App
After accessing the Trust ID app, the home screen will display. The following options can be selected:
- All historical scans / RtW checks conducted by your own account can be viewed and their status (Continuous Passed or Rejected Failed) by selecting My Scan
- From the My Scan Section, New can be selected to conduct a new RtW check
Fig.4 – ‘My Scans’ and ‘New’ Option
- All scans for conducted by the company and the status of each can be viewed by selecting All Scans
Please Note: Not all users will have permission to do so.
Fig.5 – All Scans Screen
Guides can be accessed by selecting Guides which contain helpful information on RtW checks.
Fig.6 – Guides
A User Profile can be viewed by selecting Profile.
Fig.7 – User Profile
Conducting a new RtW Check
The following documents can be used to conduct a RtW check: Passports, ID cards, Biometric Residence Permits and Visas
To start a new RtW check:
- Select New from the My Scan section
- Select the Document Type to be used for the check
Fig.8 – Document Types
If UK Passport is selected, a photo needs to be taken of the document.
- To do so, select Passport
Fig.9 – Passport Option
- Select Take Photo
Fig.10 – Take Photo
This will open the camera functionality of the device.
- Take a photo of the whole passport page
This is uploaded directly to Trust ID. The photo is not saved on the device used.
- Select Use Photo if the image is good, or Retake if the photo is blurry or if the whole passport page is not visible
- Select Next to proceed
Fig.11 – Next Button
- If the candidate requires additional documents to be checked, select Add and follow above instructions
- If the candidate does not require additional documents to be checked, select Skip
Fig.12 – Add and Skip Buttons
Linking the RtW Check with the ATS Candidate by Adding the Candidate Profile ID into Trust ID
- Enter the Candidate Profile ID from ATS without the hashtag
Fig.13 – Candidate Profile ID
Fig.14 – Entering ATS ID into TrustID
Completing Face-to-Face Questions
Four further questions must be completed before the RtW check can be completed.
Please Note: These questions can only be completed face-to-face.
- Select the appropriate answer to each question to progress the RtW check
Fig.15 - Example question
Completing a RtW Check
- Once all questions have been answered, select Finished: Upload document
This will submit the RtW check to Trust ID and direct the user back to the Trust ID ‘My Scans’ page.
Fig.16 – Finished: Upload Document Button
When can a RTW Check be submitted?
RtW checks can be submitted at any time.
Trust ID’s service hours (excluding public holidays):
08:00 - 00:00 (UK Time)
7 days per week.
There are 3 possible outcomes:
Continuous: The candidate has the right to work in the UK and there is no expiry date on this.
Time Limited: The candidate has the right to work in the UK for a limited period of time.
Failed: The candidate does not have the right to work in the UK.
What happens if the RtW is unsuccessful?
Trust ID will send a message informing the app user that there was an issue with the specific RTW Check. Depending on the individual Company’s setup, contact either Trust ID or the user’s HR/Recruitment Team.
Based on the RTW outcome, a manager may want to decide to not further progress with an application. Trust ID will not regret any applications due to the RTW check outcome automatically.
Regretting an application is an action that the Company / hiring manager involved in the application process will have to do themselves as part of their legal obligation.
Trust ID will automatically report all fraudulent documents to the responsible government agencies