This article describes the process of viewing Purchase Order volumes and their status in the Order Summary tab within Fourth Analytics for Purchasing & Inventory.
This tab shows the volume and value of Purchase Orders, along with their status (received, partially received etc.,) for specific time periods or a historical trend over time. These can be viewed by specific groupings or at individual Purchase Order level.
Order Value Trend Vs Sales Report
This graph is shown in the top-left of the screen, and it is pre-set with data from the past 10 weeks.
Please Note: The date range cannot be altered using date dimension filters.
Fig.1 – Order Value Trend Vs Sales Report Graph
Purchase Order Status
This graphic is displayed on the top right-hand side for the selected time period. The Purchase Order statuses are as follows:
- Partially received
Fig.2 – Purchase Order Status Graphic
Order Value By Account/Buyer/Vendor – Top 10
Shows the Top 10 highest groups by Account, Buyer and Vendor, based on Purchase Order value.
Fig.3 – Order Value by Account/Buyer/Vendor – Top 10
Order Product Price
This report displays the Quantity, Unit Price and Total value of products ordered.
- Click on the Prod ID to drill down to PO numbers
Fig.4 – Order Product Price
This example scenario outlines the process of viewing how many partially received Purchase Orders there are for the previous month for a particular Vendor, and which Products have and have not been received, using the graphs and dashboards outlined above.
- Select the required time period using the Date Dimension (Business day) filter under Property Details
- Within the Account Details filters, set the Supplier filter as required
- Use the Purchase Order Value by PO Status report to see if there is a value reported as partially received
- If so, within the Account Details filters set the Document Type to P.O. and the PO Status to Partial
- Scroll down to the Orders by P.O. Number report to see the relevant Purchase Orders and the original quantity which has been ordered
- Change the Account Details filter Document Type to GRN
- Scroll down to the Orders by P.O. Number report to see the dates that the Purchase Order has been partially received on, with Products and quantities