Absence Types allow absences to be assigned to the correct type, ensuring that correct payments are being made.
Creating Absence Types
- From the HR Module select Administration and then Absence Types
Fig.1 – Absence Types in the Administration drop-down
- Select Create Absence Type and enter a Description
- Select if this Absence Type should be Used? - if the Absence Type is no longer required, this can be un-ticked
- If the Absence Type should generate negative payments, select Negative Payments and against which Payment Type it should be displayed against
- Select SSP Payments if applicable. This will display the additional settings 'Restrict no of days' and 'Number of restricted days is applicable', e.g. sickness self-certified is restricted to 7 days
- If company sick pay should be paid when this Absence Type is selected, select CSP Paid
The CSP allowance is configured within Contracts and requires additional settings to be configured. Please see WFM - Creating & Assigning Contracts for more information.
- If this absence should be included in the holiday allowance calculation, select Include in holiday allowance calculation. This option means that if this Absence Type is selected, it will not have a negative impact on the employee’s holiday allowance if the employee is flexible
- Select Save to complete the creation of the Absence Type
Fig.2 – Creating an Absence Type
- To remove an Absence Type, back on the Administration > Absence Types screen, tick the relevant Delete? box and then use the Delete button
For more articles on the Administration drop-down menu, please see - WFM - Getting Started WFM Administration
Please sign in to leave a comment.