Above Store Console users have the ability to set up Meal & Break Planning rule sets. Each rule set will have a list of rules that dictate how long an employee has to work before they can have a meal or break. These rule sets can then be assigned to any store that the Above Store Console user has access to.
To set up MBP rules, follow these steps:
- Log into your HotSchedules Above Store Console account and hover over the configure tab. Select Meal & Break Planning v2.
- On the next page, you will see any previous rule sets that have created. To learn more about how to edit an existing one, go here. To create a new one select Add Rule Set.
- From there, you will be directed to a page where you can begin setting up the first rule for the rule set you are creating.
A - This is where you will write the name of the rule.
B - Selecting this option will add another rule for you to edit.
C - The type of rule you are making can be chosen here. Meals are considered unpaid, while Breaks are considered paid. Break types that are the same cannot have overlapping eligibility.
D - The number of hours that need to be worked for an employee to be eligible for this rule can be chosen here.
E - The length of the break that the employee will be taking specified added here.
F - Recurring allows you to choose whether or not the break can occur multiple times throughout the day.
- After setting up the new rule, select Save. This will bring you to a page where you can name the rule set or add a new rule.
- Selecting the Stores subtab will take you to a page where you can pick the locations that will be assigned to the rule.
- After choosing the ones you would like to use, select Save.
To learn more about how these rules will appear on the schedule for managers, go here.
Self-Guided Walk Through - Please make sure you are already logged into your Above Store Console account in this browser.