Creating Single Ingredient Recipes
Allows a user to quickly and easily create a single-ingredient recipe directly from the product screens
Release date for all features: August 8th (EMEA & APAC) and 10th (US) 2023
Simple Single Ingredient Recipes
- Enabled by Default? - Y
- Set up by customer Admin? - N
- Enable via Support ticket? - N
- Affects configuration or data? - N
- Roles Affected - Adaco users who have access to the product screens and create recipes
It is now possible to create a simple single-ingredient recipe directly from the product list and product master screens.
Reason for the Change
Many items such as wines and spirits/liquor are sold in different units to the units that they are purchased in. For example, wine is bought in a 750ml bottle but could be sold in a 150ml glass, or whisky could be bought in a 700ml bottle but sold in 50ml measures. For such items, a recipe is required to enable point-of-sales inventory deductions. To make creating these recipes quicker and simpler there is now an option to create the recipe directly from the product screens. This allows a user to easily create the appropriate selling recipe when creating new or managing existing products.
All Adaco customers who use recipes.
Release Note Info/Steps
There is a new option called Single Ingredient Recipe which will be available to any user who has access to create recipes. This new option can be accessed either by right-clicking a product on the main product listing page or from the product master form.
This new option will be available in Enterprise, Central Purchasing (CP) or a Property.
Fig.1 - Creating a Single Ingredient Recipe from the main product form
Fig.2 - Creating a Single Ingredient Recipe from the product master form
The new option will open a pop-up form where the following recipe details can be entered:
- Recipe name* - This is the internal recipe name and will be pre-populated with "Single Serving" appended to the product name. The default value can be overridden if required.
- Alternative description - This is the name that is passed to the Point of Sales system (where a 2-way POS integration is placed). This value will also be pre-populated as above but can also be overridden.
- Ingredient quantity* - The quantity of the ingredient in the recipe.
- Ingredient unit* - The unit of the ingredient in the recipe.
Please note: Only units which can be converted to purchasable units will be available to select.
- PLU - This will open a form where one or more PLUs can be entered (either a default PLU used everywhere or specific PLUs per outlet).
Please note: PLUs have to be unique and the user will be warned and will not be able to save a recipe where the PLU is already in use.
- Account* - Used to specify an account for the recipe. This field may or may not be mandatory depending on the setting Administration > Property Preference > Customization > Mandate Account for Recipe
Items marked with an * are mandatory
Fig.3 - Entering details for a Single Ingredient Recipe
- When the form is completed select Save at which point a new recipe will be created
Fig.4 - Confirmation of the new recipe
Once created, the recipe can be updated and shared with other properties using the existing functionality within the Recipe Center.
Fig.5 - Single Ingredient Recipe