MacromatiX Mobile Travel Path allows a manager to set up their stock in Macromatix based on where it is physically located in their restaurant. The items, count locations, and count frequency for each restaurant can exactly match their Travel Path in MacromatiX. A well structured MacromatiX Travel Path will not only save a manager time during their inventory count, but also improve accuracy when counting stock.
Using a mobile device, MacromatiX Travel Path allows a manager to create locations, allocate items to those locations, choose the order of items and locations, search for items and even remove and add items to & from the MacromatiX storage cloud.
Mobile Travel Path is a powerful tool to help a restaurant keep their stock organized and improve productivity when completing daily, weekly and monthly inventory counts.
Best practices for managing Travel Path items are:
Save time and improve accuracy by using a mobile device to easily update an items location
When Head Office add New Items to your inventory, quickly move them to the correct Travel Path location
- If an Item is no longer sold, or needs to be removed from inventory, place it in the Head Office Review location
Navigation to Travel Path
- Log into the MacromatiX Mobile site directly on a mobile device and from the Menu select Inventory Count (Fig.1)
- Select Travel Path
Fig.1 Travel Path navigation
Travel Path Items - Key Concepts
- Each inventory item can be in multiple locations - where it is stored in the Restaurant is where it should be stored in the Macromatix Travel Path
- All inventory items will default to the New Items location until they are moved to count locations
MX will notify users when new items are entered by Head Office so they can move them to correct count locations
- Old or incorrect items can be moved by users to Review location for Head Office to manage
- There are 7 actions that can be applied to the Travel Path - it is a powerful tool!
Search for an item
- In the top left search field, enter in an item. As you begin to type, all items containing these letters will appear to select from. (Fig.2)
Fig.2 Search for an item
- Select an item and the locations that it is currently located in will appear highlighted in the locations list. (Fig.3)
Fig.3 Location search results for item
- To clear the search select X (Fig.4)
Fig.4 Clear the search field
Change the count frequency
If a User has permission to change or set an items count frequency they will be able to access these options under the Count Frequency panel.
- Select a Count Frequency from the available options (Fig.5)
When the frequency shades blue, the item has been selected to be counted in this count type.
When the frequency shades white, the item will be removed from this count type.
Fig.5 Count Frequency types
Move & Copy Items
Items can be moved or copied from count locations.
Move: Will move the selected item to another count location
Copy: Will copy the selected item to another count location, while also leaving the item in the current count location
- To move an item/s to a different count location, select the item/s to move by ticking the box on its left (Fig.6)
Fig.6 Select item to Move or Copy
- Select ACTIONS
- Select Move or Copy
The number next to Move or Copy is the number of items selected to move or copy to the new location. (Fig.7)
Fig.7 Select Move or Copy
The Move/Copy to location pop-up will display with all the restaurant locations listed.
- Select the count location you want the item to move to (Fig.8)
- Select MOVE or COPY
Fig.8 Select location to Move or Copy item to
The item is now listed in the count location that was chosen.
Deleting items from a count location is very similar to the process of copying or moving items.
- To delete an item/s, select the item/s by ticking the box on its left (Fig.6)
- Select ACTIONS
- Select Delete (Fig.9)
Fig.9 Select Delete
- The Delete Item(s)pop-up will display, select DELETE
Fig.10 Select Delete
The item is only deleted from the count location that was selected. If the item is located in other locations, you will need to repeat the steps for those locations.
Feature: Head Office Review Location
MacromatiX can configure a location to be available for Restaurant Users to send all deleted items to for Head Office to review. Only a Head Office User can delete them from this location.
The Head Office Review feature can allow a Restaurant Manager to move an item here that is no longer sold, or was imported by Head Office in error, so that they can complete a stock count if counting all items are mandatory.
Fig.11 Head Office Review folder
Change the order of items
- To change the order of an item in a count location, select the Stripes icon in the Order column. (Fig.12) It will turn into a Pin icon (Fig.13)
Fig.12 Select Stripes icon to move
- Find the item that you want to move your Pin to and select it's Target icon (Fig.13) Your item will now be moved under this location
Fig.13 Choose a target location to move your pin under
Add an item
- Items can be added to a count location by selecting ACTIONS
- Select Add New items (Fig.14)
Fig.14 Add new items
- In the search field, type in the item and select SEARCH (Fig.15)
A list of items containing the search text will appear.
- Select the item(s) by ticking the box on the left (Fig.15)
- To add this item to the count location, select ADD ITEM(S) (Fig.15)
Fig.15 Enter an item to add, select and add to count location
Take a look at our other articles for MacromatiX Mobile Inventory:
- MacromatiX: Mobile Travel Path - Manage Locations
- MacromatiX: Mobile Waste - Recording Waste
- MacromatiX: Mobile Transfers - Approving Transfers
Talk to your MacromatiX account manager or send us an email if you are interested in learning more about our MX Masterclass sessions for Restaurant Users, Area Managers, Franchisee's or Head Office Administrators.